7. The Plot Thickens

KIARA'S POV 

Stupid bi-polar jerk!

Woodville really knew how to make me so mad at him! Being friends with him was not going to be an easy feat, especially with him acting like a jealous boyfriend! Not that I would ever date him; he'd be impossible to live with!

Walking away was a stupid thing to; no shite there! But once annoyed, I do the first thing that comes into my head and often it's not the smartest thing someone can do. Usually I ended up getting physical with the person, but if my head was still level-headed enough, I would storm off.

Run! Sixth Sense shouted at me. They had seen your argument! They had seen you. They know who you are now. Run! RUN! 

I can't run in these shoes!

Then take the bloody shoes off and leg it! Those shoes were a fatal choice anyway!

Daring not to argue with myself, I slid the shoes off my feet, giving my poor toes some breathing space. 

I looked over my shoulder. Head lights were heading my way. I didn't need to have psychic powers to know who the vehicle belonged to. I broke into a run.

Trust me, I was thanking the gods that I had been doing sports since I was three years old; those long years of labouring at swimming, gymnastics, football, running, archery and sword fighting really paid off at that precise moment that I broke into an immediate sprint down the cul-du-sac. I felt like I didn't even need to breathe!

Behind me, I could hear the sound of an accelerating car. I knew it was them; I'm not an idiot. I watched too many crime-based series and films for that. I knew a tailing car when I spotted one.

Don't stop now! Don't you dare! If they attack, fight!

Yep, I was officially the greatest idiot ever. This would not have happened if I had just staid put at that party! Why, oh fricking why, did I have to go and agree to come with Woodville to this waste-of-complete-and-utter-valueable-time party?!

Family, I love you! I said silently. And my new friends . . . it's been great knowing you!

You're not going to die, stupid!

Shut up, brain!

The, almost out of nowhere, the car skidded to a halt in front of me, narrowly missing a lamp post, making tyre marks on the tarmac and annoyingly enough, blocked my path. The car was a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Passenger Van. I hated the sight of these; they always reminded me of kidnapping scenes in movies and now the same thing was happening to me.

Well, this victim was going to put up a fight!

Two of them, both of them male, jumped out of the van. I smirked evilly at them. I was going to have fun with this! 

"Evening lads!" I said in a sing-song voice.

"You're coming with us," the guy who had been sitting in the shot gun seat said. He surprised me; his accent was Welsh! No doubt about it!

"Sorry. This badass has to be back by 12," I said nonchalantly. "Otherwise you'll have my family to deal with."

I then sharply jabbed my elbow backwards; I grinned smugly when the person who had tried to sneak up behind me with a cloth of chloroform (really, how bloody unoriginal!) right in the gut, making a nice great umph! sound. I practically jumped with joy when the guy fell back onto his back.

"Big mistake, lads," I growled.

The two in front of me lunged for me; I smacked them in the face with my shoes. They crumpled onto the ground and so giving me room to jump onto the bonnet of the car and then jump off. Jumped down; continued to run.