11. Witches and Ghosts vs. Witches and Monsters

KIARA'S POV

After school, I had Lilith drive everyone past Woodville's house. Chrissie, Ryan and Oliver went with us; Xenia and Katya had to join Katya's brother since Xenia and Katya lived quite close to each other. 

"Are you sure this is a smart thing to do?" Ryan asked. "I mean, I know Woodville's a pain in the back but, cursing him."

I scoffed. "I'm not going to curse him. I just want to try a little trick I learned of a friend back in the UK. Trust me, she's ace at magick. More than I am even."

"Who's this friend?" Lilith asked nosily.

"Well, more of an acquaintance actually, but she and her friends went to my school," I replied. "They're all crazy smart for their ages, not to mention talented in magick and the occult."

"How old are they?" Oliver asked.

"Well, the last time I saw them, they were around twelve, thirteen ish. Not sure any more; haven't seen or spoken to them in a while. But I do remember their names. Really unusual ones. Monica Riddell, Lindsay and Samantha Rinaldi and Arcana van Randwycke. Rumours at school went flying at they have a talent for trouble."

"Wait, Arcana van Randwycke? Dutch, tall for her age, raven hair and dark eyes?" Lilith said.

I looked at her surprised. "Yeah. You know her?"

"Like, hell yeah! Arcana is like the greatest child magician out there! She could do magic tricks at the age of five! Mind reading, levitation, pyrokinesis, disappearing acts  -  whenever the girl comes to the States for magic shows, her shows sell more than Dynamo's. I've been to see the kid three times on stage, and she's crazy good. So, you'd better show me what she taught you now for definite!"

We drew up to Woodville's manor-like house at this point. My face lit up with delight to see that Damian's Jeep was there too. Brilliant! The whole Baddy gang was here! Now things could really get interesting!

I grinned to my friends. "Who fancies giving the Baddies an indoor shower?"

"Excuse me?" Oliver said.

I smirked. "You'll see."

Woodville, take this!

GRIFFON'S POV

"What do you mean, you saw Rivers talking to a bunch of strangers?" I demanded.

Jason shrugged. "She knew them, they knew her. Just don't know who they are. They were weird too. Dressed in military like clothes. Navy SEALs maybe."

"Why would the Navy want to talk with Rivers?" Damian said, laughing it off. "I mean, she's an A-class British bitch. She ain't American."

"Precisely," Jason said. "I mean, the Navy have covered up the fact they are testing laser guns and secret weapons, and they have covered up the fact that the "sea ape" theory might not be such cock and bull after all. I mean, if our ancestors evolved, then the sea apes may have descendants too."

Damian scoffed. "You've seen that shit National Geographic documentary, haven't you?"

"It's a possibility!" Jason pointed out.

"OK. Fine. Witches, I'm willing to believe since we have one now in Salem again," Damian said. "But mermaids?! Please!"

"Where is you open-mindedness? For all we know, humans are a myth on some distant planet!" 

"One Rollo is enough," I agreed.

"Hey!" Rollo protested. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I means you're willing to believe anything you want," I shot back. "The fact is mermaids can't be real?"