14. Saved By A Monster High Hairbrush

GRIFFON'S POV

I didn't see Kiara until after New Year's. I thought it best not to, but that didn't stop us texting. She had a lot to tell, especially about how she found out that Olwen wasn't just a feline from the Otherworld, not that I know what that was, but she could freaking talk! Oh, and she was apparently centuries old. I gave my ... friend a talking centuries-year-old cat for her birthday. Of all the things I could have given her! Wow ... my life was seriously getting weirder and weirder.

The PIs were still tracking Bielle Rivers. She was back in the U.K but I decided not to text this to Kiara. She had told me how she was close to hexing those who attacked her family; she was hellbent on revenge.  I was a little surprised that she took the advice of a talking fairy cat so easily, knowing how stubborn she is.

I tried find out how to make contact with this Captain Jack and his crew. Rollo had told me what had happened the night of his and Kiara's date when she knocked a guy out with a pen and managed to steal some information from them. And that they seemed to find her, not the other way round. 

I didn't like it one bit. So I decided to do a little digging else where.

Her aunts.

Something just didn't sit right. I don't know what it was. Paranoia or something but I couldn't shake a feeling something was off.

Why would Mrs Rivers betray her family? Sure, there are lousy mothers out there who simply don't care about their children - who see them as their property - but I can't believe she had no mothering instinct what so ever.

Vivian. Myrlin. Anna.
They seemed decent enough. But I had to make sure. Kiara's life was at stake, and her brothers'. She cared more about that than her own safety. That much was clear. 

First I googled Vivian. Aromatherapist. Councillor. Soothsayer. Her record was clean. She received glowing reviews from clients ... including Rollo. So Vivian Gorloisen was the councillor that helped Rollo out of the deep end ...

   I dug a little deeper. Sterling school record too. Literally nothing. Medical records: suffered from headaches, nightmares ... and black outs. Suspected brain tumour but she was clear. I frowned. Strange, but then again the entire family was strange.

Myrlin ... has a bit more of a stable income than her sister. Her record was clean apart from parking tickets. Her school record wasn't as clean as Vivian's. She got into bad crowds but managed to get herself out them ... or spirit them away with a spell, I thought. Myrlin was clearly someone with a darker side to her. But enough to betray family? 

   Health record wise, it was the same.

Last but not least, Anna. Fashion designer. Blogged now and again. She was young enough to be their sister, not their aunt. She was average in school but was captain of the swim team. Her health record was identical to that of her sisters. Completely identical. 

Common factor. I made a note of this but I was praying that it wouldn't lead to anything.

It couldn't be one of those three. Could it?

KIARA'S POV

The days between Yule and New Year's were almost next to boring. The McCorrgians were not back yet, which worried me. Dad made us take part in family games and watching these sappy Christmas movies which bored even Olwen. The amount of shite she had to see over the centuries! The only thing I had to sustain me was a) recovering so I could get my payback and b) texting Griffon.