8. Making Alliances And Using Magic

VIVIAN'S POV

"We should have seen this coming!" Anna wailed as soon as the door of our chambers we shut behind her. "We should have known they would come for Kiara!"

"We don't even know if the Order of the Dragon is even behind this!" Myrlin shot back. "Or that other one. The one that's even more dangerous and lucrative."

"Well, whoever it is, they have gotten wind that Kiara is here. It puts us all at risk!" Anna said, starting to pace. "And Kiara is even more angry and suspicious as ever and that, as we all know sisters, is a recipe for complete and utter chaos!"

"Anna, you're being melodramatic," I said as calmly as possible, seating myself down in the arm chair by the fireplace with a new edition of Vogue Italia

Anna exploded. "Melodramatic? Melodramatic?! I don't think you will be calling me melodramatic when our niece is the next one to disappear and end up dead!"

"If you'll raise your voice any louder, you'll raise the dead," I commented, sighing. "Anna, don't think I'm not frightened, because I am  -  possibly more than yourself. And not only because Kiara is a person of interest."

Myrlin understood immediately. "Bielle."

"Bielle?!" Anna repeated sharply. "What threat could our sister, and our niece's mother, possibly pose to her own daughter?"

"A much bigger one than you think," I shot back, looking up sharply. "Bielle was never cut out to be a mother, let alone mother four children, including one with a talent that has been unheard of in centuries! Besides, Bielle always looks out for herself before anybody else and you know that as well as I do."

"She can still change," Anna retorted.

I shake my head. "No. It's too late for that and we all know it."

"I still believe none of it."

"Fine. Don't."

My sisters always thought too well of Bielle, especially Anna. Bielle was always her favourite sister, which obviously affected her current judgement. But I knew Bielle all too well; she was never cut to be a wife and mother. The fact she was hardly ever had home with her husband and children proved it.

Oh, and the affair she had had when Kiara was two.

Myrlin sighed. "Ladies, I think we should tone our tones down."

"And why is that?" Anna demanded.

"We've got company," Myrlin said, opening the door. In fell, Maliki, Jace and Rex.

I chuckled at the sight of them. "Ha, ha, ha, ha! Oh, you boys. Spying on the witches of the family? Not a good idea."

"H-h-h-h-h-hi," Rex stuttered. "W-w-w-we didn't m-m-mean to listen."

I raised an eyebrow, knowing it would make my nephews nervous. My ego swelled as I heard them glug. 

"Now, Rex. You and I both know that is not the case," I purred. "But you'd best come in."

The boys shuffle in nervously and sit gingerly on the sofas.

"You know where Mum is, don't you?" Jace said.

"We have an idea," I admitted.

"And?" Maliki said.

"Europe. That's all we now know for sure."

"And what about Kiara?" Rex asked. "Who exactly is after her?"

My sisters and I don't immediately answer.