Summer

I walked out in the cold, dark streets of New York City. I ran away from the foster care centre again, trying not to arouse suspicion in the streets at such a late hour. I look down at my feet, loudly playing music through my ears. I head over to my favourite spot in New York. I sit down on a bench and relax.

"Summer!" I heard someone call, I didn't look up. "Summer, where have you been!?" The familiar voice questioned. I still didn't look up, ignoring that anyone was in my presence. Then the human grabbed my iPod, ripping the earbuds out my ear. Then I looked up, anger was written all over my face. It was my social worker.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled quietly, she grabbed my wrist and yanked me back to the place I dreaded the most.

"What were you thinking, running off again!" My social worker scolded. I don't make eye contact, scared to look at the "worried" or "pitiful" faces that she always makes. "Summer, answer my question!" I shake my head not wanting to share. Then eventually she gave up, well I think she gave up hence she walked away angrily.

I looked in my pockets for my iPod and couldn't find it. I gave up looking for it knowing my social worker, Emily probably took it from me again.

"Summer?" another familiar voice called. "Oh my God, Summer thank God you're alright!" She ran and hugged me. I looked up at them, no emotion.

"How long have I been gone?" I managed to ask. I felt the sigh on my neck as she released me from the hug

"Only a couple of days," I nod and head off to my room needing free space from all of the drama and crap happing. "Good night, Katherine," I said before disappearing into the dark shared room.

I lay down on my rough bed, and try to sleep. So many thoughts flowing through my head preventing me from falling asleep. As soon as I stopped trying to sleep, thinking it was useless trying so hard. I fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Summer! Summer wake up!" Katherine said excitedly, Katherine was my favourite staff member. She was always there for me and never left my side. She introduced me to a musical called Hamilton, and she gave me an iPod with the full playlist and it's legit the best thing ever.

I rolled over onto my side, facing the opposite direction from Katherine. She pulled the thin covers off of me. " Katherine," I whined and she just laughed at me.

"Ok, seriously Summer get up. Someone wants to foster you!" She giggled excited for me, but me, on the other hand, was not looking forward to it. I got up, off of the old mattress pretending to be excited.

I followed Katherine out of the room to the main area. I saw a young, maybe newlywed couple, standing near the front entrance talking to my social worker, Emily. They noticed me and they're face brightened. "Oh, my goodness," the female fangirled. "She is more adorable then I imagined," she squealed. I secretly rolled my eyes and Katherine chuckled a little.

"Well I'll be off," Katherine smiled, I waved awkwardly as she left the room. The young couple were still smiling.

"May I have a word with you?" Emily asked and the couple nodded. "Summer, please go gather your things," I nodded, as my social worker lead the couple into her office. Before I left to go pack my things, I overheard some words she was saying about me and I decided to listen in.

"I'm going to warn you two, she is truly a handful and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up back here."

"I'm sure we can handle her," the male said. That's what they all say.

"Just let me warn you, she is very quiet at first and won't talk much. She also doesn't like to listen and she might get very angry at times. I have a feeling she has some sort of mental illness, you have to be able to deal with this, Ok?"

"Of course!" They both said in harmony a little too enthusiastic. Before they exited the room, I sprinted to my room and quickly shoved all my things into a backpack. They walked into my room and picked up my bag. I didn't really want them touching my things but there was nothing I could really do.

The pair lead me to their vehicle and put my bag in the trunk of the car. The car ride there was awkward because every time they said something I didn't want to answer. They definitely expected too much from me.

When we got to the house, they handed me my bag and lead me to my room. It was a small plain white room, it wasn't great but it was better than the rooms at the foster care centre. I placed my bag down on the floor and started searching for my iPod. "Shit, shit where is it?" I mumbled to my self practically dumbing out my bag. I nearly started crying, that was my most favourite thing in the whole world. Katherine gave it to me and I loved it with my heart's content. My social worker never gave it back to me. I kicked my backpack and stubbed my toe on a chair making a loud noise causing my new foster parents, who haven't even told me their names yet, burst into the room.

"Summer are you ok?" They said worry on their face. I nod and try to hide the tears in my eyes. Don't let them find out your crying or they'll send you back and think you're weak. As soon as they left the room I let it all out, I haven't cried for weeks and I have been bottling it all up. I just want a family who understands me, or not have a family at all and just die.

AN// Ok ik this is not that great, I'm not that good at writing but I'm practising still so I'll try to improve my plots and grammar, spelling and other things as best I can. Also Anyways THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FAR and I'll try and update as much as possible lol.ok bye, fam.

Edited