Mac and Cheese

I felt like smiling.... not a fake smile. A real smile.

I heard Daveed go back downstairs and I decided to browse through youtube. I opened the app and scrolled threw the variety of videos, but none seemed to interest me. I suddenly became extremely bored and had a sudden thirst for attention. I made my out of my room flicking off the light on the way. I strutted down the stairwell and followed the voices so I knew where I was going. I came across a door that was just a tiny bit open. I listened closer and I heard music, it was rap and it sounded a lot like Daveed. I decided to investigate. I knocked on the door and the music stopped.

"Come in," Daveed requested. I opened the door and walked in. Shit what did I get myself into.

"Hi, what are you doing?" I asked sitting down on a unused chair.

"Working," Daveed replied vaguely. I gave him an annoyed look.

"On what?"

"Something," Daveed replied vaguely once again. He doesn't want me to know something. I looked around the room, it seemed to be an office or music room of some sort. I examined the walls and one poster caught my eye. It said Clipping.

"What's Clipping?" I asked still facing the poster with bolded words. Rafael just sat there silently.

"Uhhhh something you can't listen to," Daveed said quickly. I turned and looked at him.

"Im gonna look it up," I said before running out of the room. I ran up quickly to my room
and flopped on my bed. I picked up my phone and unlocked it. I went on youtube and typed into the search bar 'Clipping' and clicked the first thing that appeared when I clicked enter. I plugged my earbuds into my phone and slipped them I into my ears. I clicked play and let the music sink in.

Daveed's Pov (wowowowowoowow)

"Why didn't you want to tell Summer what Clipping is?" Rafa asked me.

"I'm trying to be a good parent," I replied somewhat guilty. Rafa only nodded. "But clearly I'm not doing a good job." I sighed.

"Im sure you're not a bad parent," Rafa comforted. I shrugged and went back to what I was writing.

Time-skip

I started cooking dinner because everyone was complaining that they were hungry. I was making my signature Mac and Cheese. The water in the pot started to boil so I poured the uncooked noodles into it. I let the noodles cook a little before stirring it with a spoon. I put the lid on the pot to let it cook for a few more minutes.

"What's for dinner?" Summer asked walking into the room. I looked over at her and Rafa walked into the room and stood behind Summer, asking the same question.

"Mac and cheese," I replied a little embarrassed since I couldn't cook. Rafa only laughed but Summer seemed  excited. Her eyes lit up when I said Mac and cheese but soon enough the smile disappeared off her face and look of realization was painted across it. I ignored it because I didn't want to push anything , so I just turned back to the food I was making to stir it once more before turning off the burning stove. I lifted the pan off the stove and dumped the extra water out in the sink, a trail of steam coming after.  I scooped the now cooked noodles into three bowls. One for me, one for Rafa and one for Summer. Summer sat at the counter and she looked sad, but I just shrugged it off because I didn't want to make Summer feel uncomfortable. I slid the bowl in front of Summer. She moved the bowl closer to her and started poking the food with her fork.