Forgiveness

Summer's POV-

I bolted up to my room and slammed the door out of anger. I sat at my wooden desk and laid my head down on to my arms suddenly feeling guilty. Daveed probably hates me, how am I gonna apologize for this? Why did I get mad? Why did I yell? My bad grades are 150% my fault yet I yelled at Daveed. God, I hate myself.

I grabbed a blank sheet of paper and started doodling. Tears drying on my face as I glided the pencil across the pure white sheet of paper. I drew a fox, it was mystical and swift. Almost surreal. I shaded the drawing and finished it off with a habitat for the fox to live in. Such as trees and grass giving the fox a fantasy atmosphere. I added some finishing touches and relocated to a new spot on the paper. I drew some swift birds perching on a thin delicate twig that could be easily snapped if it were real.

After drawing doodles all over the paper and filling it up with useless drawings, I started to get bored from drawing so much. I lifted myself off from the lightly stained wooden structure and exited my room. I went downstairs and entered the living room quietly to find something to do.  I spotted a few books perked up vertically on a bookshelf just waiting to be read, so I decided to look through them. I slid a book out that was being held up by two other books on either side and started to skim through the pages. It looked like all the pages were filled with complexed poetry. I read a few pages and felt as if I was being sucked in, it was amazing. The delicate structure and word choices made me melt in interest. I sat down on the couch and flipped through the pages one by one. The rhyming and theme made me smile slightly as I continued flipping through.

After a while, I was a little over halfway and had been sucked into this book like a vacuum. I continued reading before hearing a door open snapping me into reality. I looked up from my book. Daveed walked into the living room and it looked as if he was about to say something to me but stopped. I closed the book and set it beside me.

"What do you want?" It came out cold without me intentionally wanting to. I regretted the tone of my voice and avoided eye contact. Daveed sighed and opened his mouth to speak.

"I was wondering...uh if you wanted dinner?" He asked. I nodded my head not wanting to reply in risk of sounding just as cold. Daveed exited the room to I assume get dinner ready. I opened the book back to the page I was on and continued reading where I left off.

Time skip (after dinner)

I gently closed the soft cover book after completing every page provided. Dinner was quiet. I decided to eat in my room and Daveed ate in his office. After eating I went back to the living room to finish the book.

After finishing the book I placed it back on the shelf. The quiet was awkward and I felt extremely bored. I sighed planting myself back on the couch. I scanned the room looking for something to do to entertain myself. 

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier. I started to panic. What if Daveed never talks to me again? What if he sends me back like everyone else? Tears pricked my eyes and I laid my head in my hands. I was so stupid! My breathing increased pace slowly and tears were starting to drip down my face. I started crying so hard not even caring Daveed was in the other room. He probably didn't care I was crying anyway. Tears spilt out if my eyes more and more. Daveed is gonna send me back! He hates me!  I fucked up I fucked up! Negative thoughts were flooding my mind so fast it was almost impossible to comprehend them all at once. I was about to run out of the house to save Daveed sending me back anyway, but then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me embracing me into a hug.

"It's fine Summer, I am not mad at you," Daveed comforted.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry!" I cried hugging Daveed back. Daveed didn't say anything. He just rocked me back and forth rubbing comforting circles on my back. We sat there for a few seconds as I silently cried into Daveed's shoulder. The comforting silence slowly calming me down as Daveed continued to embrace me in the hug.

When I almost calmed down completely I started to ramble. "I was so stupid! I'm so
Sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said, and I am sorry for yelling. My grades are my fault I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for my failures–"

"Summer it's fine. It happens to almost everyone. Everyone makes mistakes and has a bad day once in a while," Daveed interferes my rambling causing me to go quiet. Daveed releases me from the hug and I avoid eye contact. I only nod my head feeling as stupid as ever. "You're not the only one who fuc– I mean messed up something today." I looked up at Daveed.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, I yelled at you and I shouldn't have done that," Daveed replied honestly.

"You had every right existing in this world to yell at me," I corrected looking down at my hands.  Daveed only shrugged and his hands started fidgeting (and he looked askance. He's penniless, he's flying by the seat of his pants).

An awkward silence started to build up. No one was speaking, it suddenly got so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I opened my mouth to say something but I had nothing to say. Then Daveed broke the silence.

"Stop worrying about me sending you back," Daveed said. I sighed.

"I can't help it, everyone sends me back. It's happened so many times I've lost count." I started. "And plus, why would you keep—"

"I'm going to adopt you."