Chapter 8

Tyler’s POV:

I don’t feel the tears rolling down my face, I’m numb. The police officers keep their eyes on the road and tense up every time a sob escapes me. I’ve been begging them to tell me if Connor was dead or not, but they remain silent. 

“Please... He is one of my best friends and I just need to know. He is one of the kindest and most out going people I know. I love him like a brother so much. Please...” I choke on the last word and the cop who is not driving sighs.

“Doc said he was dead.” My world crashes and I’m left in a black hole with no one. I manage to thank him before I break down again. I killed him. I’m so stupid, because of me Connor will never smile, film a youtube video, dance, goof off, or hug someone ever again. Why couldn’t the gun have fired when it was pointed at me? The driver pulls into the county jail, a place I’ve never been before. The cop that didn’t drive comes and opens the door for me. I awkwardly get out of the car, which was very difficult without my hands. He grabs my arm and helps me out. His grip is not very tight but enough to tell me to not run. We walk through the front doors and head to the receptionist desk.

“Hey Jim, what is this for?” Jim glances at me before answering the girl.

“Murder.” Her eyes widen as she grabs a key from under her desk.

“Well... Um, we don’t have an open cell but you can put him in cell number three.” She hands him the keys eyeballing me and then goes back to typing on the computer. Jim leads me towards a small room and I could only imagine how many times he has lead a criminal in here.

“You need to change into these,” He hands me a jumpsuit, “and leave all personal items here.”

“Okay...” He sees me slowly pull my shirt off and how self conscious I am about revealing my body to him. Jim then turns around to give me some privacy. 

“Thank you,” I mumble to him and he then turned around to face me.

“You get one phone call, we will contact your mother to let them know you are here. You can choose whom ever you like to call.” I know who I have to call...

“Um, I don’t remember their phone number.” Jim then shocks me by handing me my cell phone. I’ve never been or done this before but I don’t think he is supposed to do that. I quickly unlock it and call Ricky. It rings and rings, I’m almost in tears because his voicemail message starts to play. I quickly tell him something is wrong and he needs to call me as soon as he could. I end the phone call and hand my phone back to Jim.

“No answer?”

“Ricky usually always answers his phone...” 

“I’ll come back in fifteen minutest to let you try again.” I hold back the sob in my throat because this man was being so nice to me and I had just meet him. 

“Thank you so much.” He just nods and grabs my arm to lead me to the cell. Where I will be staying until my mom could fly out here and get me. I notice my cellmate and I’m scared to death. He is muscled up and dangerously large compared to my small body. 

Troye’s POV:

“Alfie could you please drive faster?” 

“I’m going as fast I can in this traffic.”

“It’s okay Troye. Everyone is probably going to be okay.” Zoe says trying to soothe me.

I sigh and hold my head in my hands. My knees are shaking from anxiety and I keep thinking of the worst situations possible. I try to concentrate on breathing but my mind keeps going back to Tyler’s past suicide attempt. Alfie finally pulls into the hospital’s parking lot and we find the first open parking spot and park the rental car. I don’t know if my legs will support me but I run towards the door. I hear Zoe and Alfie running behind me. When I reach the door a pale faced Kian is standing by the door. He looks like he had been crying and he was shaking. I run up to him and wrap him into a bear hug and he starts sobbing into my neck. Zoe stifles a sob behind me and Alfie grabs her hand for support. I leave Kian alone and just let him cry. He finally looks up and wipes the tears away, which is pointless because more just take their place minutes later.

“Follow me, everyone is here.”

“Everyone?” I ask questioningly as we walk towards the elevators.

“I meant the rest of o2l. Ricky has taken it the worse, he hasn’t said a word since it happened.”

“Kian, what happened?” I ask him this forcefully because I need to know what is going on. Zoe and Alfie also want to know but are trying to stay out of the way.

“Connor... was shot.” My eyes widen and I’m in shock.

“How? Is he okay?” The last question makes Kian start crying again and he sobs once before answering.

“Tyler had tried to commit suicide, but the gun misfired.” His words bring tears to my eyes. I wasn’t there for Tyler when he needed help and he could’ve taken his life then. If he would have prevailed I would have been alone in the world. I would’ve lost my best friend and the person I loved the most in the world. Kian sees the pain in my eyes and continues.

“So Tyler hit the gun to try to make it work and it went off. The bullet hit Connor in the stomach.”

“K-Kian please tell me Connor is okay!” More tears begin to fall and I know by the way he acted and looked. Connor was dead and it was all my fault.

Author's Note:

I have no words for this chapter, I rewrote it like three times. Sorry that it is not very good. Next chapter will be so much better, I promise. I think I'll do Ricky's and Tyler's POV next, because Tyler and the whole jail trip is super important for the story later on. 

Follow Me - @shipperfection