CHAPTER 12

Serena was still in shock. Tyson had lost to her because he yelled at his pokémon? He was definitely a jerk.

She and Pancham had to wait until the winner of the other battle had been declared. The winner was a girl with a pokémon Serena had never seen before. It was a small winged yellow creature, with almost a brown scarf around its neck.

'Ribombee, I choose you!' The girl called.

'So that pokémon is called Ribombee.' Serena muttered. 'Pancham! Come on out!'

Pancham appeared, doing a handstand. The battle begun.

'Ribombee, use Pollen Puff!' The bug pokémon made a ball of yellow pollen, and sent it flying towards Pancham. 'Now Fairy Wind!' Ribombee flapped its wings, and glittering air swirled towards Pancham as well.

Serena knew what she had to do. She couldn't let Pancham get hit by both of the attacks. 'Now Pancham, jump over the Pollen Puff! Brace yourself for the Fairy Wind!'

The girl smiled on her tan face. 'Don't be so sure.' The Pollen Puff had collided with the Fairy Wind, and had combined. Both of the attacks hit Pancham full on. Pancham's and Serena's meter went down.

'It's okay Pancham! I believe in you! Stone Edge!' Pancham slammed his fist into the ground, making blue spires of stone spring up from the ground. 'Now Arm Thrust!' It had worked in the first battle, so Serena thought that it could work again. But Ribombee was fast. It easily dodged the Stone Edge, and narrowly missed Pancham's Arm Thrust. Pancham's meter went down to halfway.

'Fairy Wind again!' Ribombee flapped its wings again, and sent the glittering wind towards Pancham.

Serena had an idea. 'Duck and roll under the Fairy Wind, Pancham! Then Dark Pulse, hold it in your hand!' Pancham slid under the Fairy Wind, which fizzled out. He then made a ball of darkness, and held it in his hand.

'Stay away from that Dark Pulse, Ribombee! Pollen Puff!' Ribombee made another ball of pollen, and hurled it towards Pancham. Instinctively Pancham used the Dark Pulse as a shield, and the pollen dissolved into it. Serena could see bits of pollen swirling in the ball. Ribombee's meter went down.

'Throw it!' Serena called. Pancham threw the Dark Pulse, and hit Ribombee straight on. Ribombee's meter went down to equal Pancham's.

'Do the same thing! Dark Pulse!' Pancham held Dark Pulse in his hand again.

'Draining Kiss!' Ribombee went in close and smooched Pancham. His posture drooped slightly. Pancham's points went down.

'Hit it with the Dark Pulse now Pancham!' Pancham weakly threw the Dark Pulse, and missed Ribombee. Serena's and Pancham's meter went down, with only a sliver left.

Serena glanced up at the clock. There was only 30 seconds to go. There was no way she was about to win. She took a deep breath, and called, 'Arm Thrust!' Pancham made his arm go white, but instead it turned a ghostly purple, giving an extenstion, making claws. Pancham hit Ribombee, making the bug pokémon fly backwards.

'A magnificent Shadow Claw from Pancham!' The offical said. 'But is it enough to get the win?'

Serena saw that Pancham and Ribombee were almost tied, Ribombee having the slight edge. There was only 10 seconds to go.

'Silver Wind!' Ribombee flapped its wings, making wind that had specks of silver flying towards Pancham. This time, Ribombee was more angled towards the ground, so Pancham couldn't go underneath.

'Dark Pulse!' Serena cried desperately. Pancham made a ball of darkness, and flung it to Ribombee. It collided with the Silver Wind, and made the wind stand still. Both Pancham's and Ribombee's meters went completely down at the same time.

The offical looked baffled. 'Uh – congratulations to – uh – Kaia and Serena, the – uh – joint winners of the Rustboro City pokémon contest!'

'Pancham! We came first, joint! And you learnt a new move!' Pancham ran into Serena's arms.

Kaia was stroking Ribombee softly. 'Thank you Rimbombee! You did amazingly!' Ribombee flew around Kaia's head.

'Please come up to receive your ribbons.' The offical gave Kaia and Serena a pink ribbon each.

'So where is Rimbombee from?' Serena asked.

Kaia was staring at her ribbon. 'Oh! Um, Ribombee's from Alola, we moved here just a month ago. Where's your Pancham from?'

'Pancham I met in Kalos. We did showcases there.' Serena added, 'I would love to go to Alola!'

Kaia smiled. 'Friends?'

Serena smiled back. 'Friends.'

Hey guys, back with another chapter! Sorry this one took so come. I just have some family problems, and I've also been playing Pokémon Ultra Moon waaaaaaaay too much. By the way we hit 2000 reads!!!!! WhAT?!? Honestly thank you so much, for reading this, commenting, voting, just everything. I didn't think we would get 2k reads so soon.

QOTD: Have you been watching the Sun and Moon anime? If you have, do you like it? I have been watching it on and off, and 1, I HATE the art style, 2, I really dislike how they made it so Ash is part of a school. Just no. But I love Lillie.

Don't forget to vote and comment! :D

Hannah <3