CHAPTER 34

Serena, Crystal and Hannah were looking in the markets when Crystal's friend, Roselyn, came running up to them.

'Crystal!' She said. 'Can we have a battle? I forgot to ask you in the pokécenter!'

'Sure!' Crystal replied excitedly. '3 versus 3?'

Rose nodded. 'I won't lose.' She said playfully.

'That's odd, because I won't either!' Crystal replied.

They went back to the pokémon center to the battle field, Serena and Hannah following. Swablu chirped above them happily.

'Okay Vulpix, it's our first battle together! Let's win!' She threw a great ball, and a Vulpix appeared.

Crystal threw a pokéball, and her Umbreon appeared. 'Umbreon? Are you ready to win? I know I am!' Umbreon made a determined cry, and ran to face Vulpix. In Crystal's pocket, Sylveon burst out, and gave an encouraging cry for Umbreon. The dark type looked back at Sylveon, and gave a grin.

'Vulpix, Fire Spin!' Vulpix produced a tornado made of fire, which Umbreon neatly dodged by jumping.

Sylveon made another encouraging cry. 'Nice dodge, Umbreon! Now, Shadow Ball!' Umbreon produced a dark purple ball, which swirled, and hit Vulpix.

'You okay Vulpix?' The fire type stood up and shook the remnants of the attack off. 'Extrasensory!' Realizing what she said, she yelled, 'Wait no!' But it was too late. Vulpix had already closed her eyes, and sent a pink wave to hit Umbreon.

'Why did she try to stop Vulpix?' Serena whispered to Hannah.

Her friend had her eyes trained on the battle, but whispered back to Serena. 'Pyschic type moves don't effect dark types.' Umbreon hadn't flinched when the pink wave went to hit it. It passed through Umbreon.

'Dark Pulse!' Crystal yelled. Umbreon made a dark ball and flung it to Vulpix, and when it made contact, the fire type fainted, swirls in its eyes.

'Oops that's my cue.' Hannah said to Serena, who giggled. 'Vulpix is unable to battle!'

Roselyn summoned Vulpix back into her great ball. 'You did well, Vulpix. Let Glaceon and Gardevoir do the rest.' She threw a pokéball, and a Glaceon appeared. 'Let's start off with Attract!' The ice type batted her eyes, and hearts appeared around Umbreon, making the dark type fall in love with Glaceon.

'I don't think Sylveon is too happy about that.' Hannah said to Serena. The fairy type looked extremely mad with the Glaceon, and started to bark at Crystal to let her take Umbreon's place.

Crystal looked confused. 'Okay Sylveon. Umbreon, return!' She summoned Umbreon back into his pokéball, and Sylveon leapt into the field, determinded to beat (the s*** out of) Glaceon. 'Moonblast!' Sylveon produced a pink glowing ball, and flung it to hit the ice type.

'You okay Glaceon?' Rose said, worried for her pokémon. 'Ice Shard!' Glaceon produced a huge, glittering, chunk of ice to hit Sylveon.

'Quick Sylveon! Swift!' Sylveon swiped her tail, and stars flung out to hit the Ice Shard. The ice broke into pieces, and hit both pokémon. 'Let's get some health back! Draining Kiss!'

Sylveon ran into Glaceon, and planted a kiss on the ice type's cheek. Glaceon weaked, and Sylveon seemed healthier.

'I see your strategy hasn't changed Crystal.' Roselyn smirked. 'Using an attacking healing move? Hasn't changed since our first battle.'

Crystal nodded in agreement. 'Hasn't changed in three years.'

'For Arceus' sake, carry on with the battle!' Hannah yelled. Serena laughed.