CHAPTER 22

Serena awoke to the sound of Swablu chirping merrily. She opened her eyes to see golden light streaming through the window. 'What is it Swablu? Oh! It's the contest today!' Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon woke up as well, and leapt up, excited for the day.

It had been some days since Serena had talked to Ash, and hadn't had the nightmare since. She had travelled to Fallarbor Town, where the contest was to be held.

She got up, got changed, and went to eat breakfast in the eating hall. 'Good luck for the pokémon contest, Serena! I know you'll do great!' A person said to her.

'Oh thank you!' She said. 'Hear that Swablu? You'll do great!' Swablu was barely touching her food, even with Sylveon and Braixen coaxing her to do so. 'Oh Swablu, I know you'll be amazing, Sylveon was the same when she was just an Eevee!' Sylveon nodded. Swablu started nibbling at the poképuffs.

As she was eating, a girl a little older than her with blue hair sat opposite of her. As first, Serena thought it was Miette, but her hair was lighter and she had cyan eyes, not red.

'Hi! I'm Crystal. You're Serena, aren't you? You've done really well in contests. I'm a co-ordinator too, but I'm going to go to Kalos next to do showcases.' She excitedly said. She let her pokémon out of their pokéballs. A Umbreon, a Kirlia, and a blue Sylveon appeared.

Serena's Sylveon was curious about Crystal's Sylveon. They both touched noses, and Serena's Sylveon started leaping around the blue Sylveon.

'Hi Crystal. Is your Sylveon shiny?'

Crystal nodded. 'I first found it as a Eevee, it was hiding under a huge leaf as some horrible fighting types were about to attack it. So I helped it get away and it followed me.'

They ate in silence for a bit. 'Who are you using for the contest today?' Crystal asked.

'I'm using Swablu. She's a bit nervous about it, as it's her first time. But I know she'll do great!' Serena said. 'Who are you using?'

Crystal's Kirlia did a wonderful split leap. 'I'm using Kirlia. Sylveon's had a bit too much time in the spotlight. And Umbreon's just a little shy at the moment.' Crystal finished her breakfast, and stood up. 'Well, see you later Serena. May the best co-ordinator win.' Her pokémon followed her.

Serena waved. Crystal seemed like a person that would be very talented. Maybe she could help Serena in introducing Alolan showcases? She finished her meal, and went out to practise with Swablu.

-

It was the time for the contest to begin. Serena and Swablu were sitting with Crystal and Kirlia. 'Competitor 11?'

Crystal and Kirlia jumped up. 'That's us! Are you ready Kirlia?'

It's a little short, but here's another chapter. How quick was that? I forgot to mention it on the last chapter, but we reached over 20,000 words! So have introduced the first of the people that commented their little profiles. There's still time to do that, so comment down below.

QOTD: What's your favourite Hoenn pokémon? Mine's Swampert, I love the Mudkip line (yes I liek Mudkips).

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3