CHAPTER 36

When Ash arrived at Professor Kukui's, Hau came running up to him. 'Do you think Professor Kukui would mind if I watched Hannah's contest with you?' He said. 'She said if I don't, she'll boot me to Akala.' (I am not like that)

'Yeah!' Ash said. 'Let's go inside.'

-

As Serena and her friends were arriving at the contest arena, she saw an unfortunately familiar face.

It was Tyson, who was arguing with a contest offical. The offical called sercurity, and when he was leaving, he started to shout. 'Contests are for girls!'

'Well, my friend Drew here and I completely disagree.' a voice said. It was a girl, with brown hair and blue eyes. Beside her was a boy with green hair.

Hannah and Crystal started whispering. 'Is that May?' Hannah whispered.

'Yes!' Crystal said back. 'I think she travelled with Ash. She's a top co-ordinator!'

Serena felt a pang of jealousy. A top co-ordinator? Serena hadn't even won enough ribbons to compete in the Grand Fesitval. She was also quite pretty. How could Serena compare to her? (serena no girl you compare to may easy)

Tyson sulked away, muttering under his breath.

'Oh um, May?' Crystal said.

May turned around. 'Oh hello. What are your names? Are you in the contest today?'

The girls all nodded. 'I'm Crystal.'

'Hannah, howdy.'

'I'm Serena, it's nice to meet you.'

May smiled. 'I feel like I recognize you, Serena.'

'She did showcases in Kalos!' Hannah said. 'And she travelled with Ash. You travelled with him right?'

The girl nodded. 'Yeah I travelled with him.'

'Are you in the contest today?' Crystal asked.

May shook her head. 'Nope. I'm looking for talent that could do contests in Sinnoh. My friend Dawn is doing the same thing in Johto, while doing contests there.' She paused. 'You guys should probably go get ready now. We need to as well.' She said, looking at Drew.

'Are you guys dating?' Crystal said.

May and Drew went bright red. Drew started coughing, and May started stuttering.

'Oh my Arceus,' said Hannah, 'It's really obvious. You at least like each other.'

Serena directed her friends away from the immobilised pair. 'Let's go sign in.'

'But –' Crystal started, but Serena gave her a look that kept her quiet. She signed the three in, and they went to the competitors' room to prepare their pokémon.

Crystal sent out her Sylveon, and started grooming her glittering fur. Hannah sent out her Togekiss, and started to remind the flying type of the routine they planned out. Serena sent out her Braixen, and brushed her tail.

'Can we have your attention please!' The announcer on the television said, directing everyone's attention to the screen. 'We are very lucky, as we have not one, but two very special guests. But they will not be performing, but scouting talent. Please welcome May and Drew!'

May and Drew did a quick performance with a Glaceon and a Roserade. The audience cheered wildly. They then sat with the judges, and watched the co-ordinators intently.

'Competitor 18?' One of the officals said. Serena stood up, put Braixen back into her pokéball, Hannah and Crystal wished her luck, and the blonde ran out to to the stage.