6

Wonpil texted Sungjin he was leaving the company to go home early.

It was such a hectic day for all of them and the least they wanted was for JYP to find out about the mess going on.

They decided to just call it a day.

Unlike every day the band decided to do a thorough cleaning of their apartment. It was to distract themselves from reality. They split the work among themselves since they were still even in number; Wonpil wasn't back.

"Who pissed him off?" Sungjin said out loud even though he was the only one in the living room. Jae stuck his head out of the kitchen, Dowoon from the bathroom and Brian from one of the rooms.

"Wonpil?" They asked at the same time.

"He's been getting so irritated since yesterday."

The doorbell rang and Sungjin opened it.

Minjoo was standing there with containers of different side dishes.

The other members joined Sungjin at the door and they just stared.

"I'll take those." Brian moved forward and took them from her hand. "What?" He asked when all eyes fell on him.

"Nothing/nah/what." The three of them responded still in mental shock.

Brian closed the door behind him, leaving Minjoo standing there.

"Why did you collect them??!" Sungjin questioned when he regained consciousness.

"Well we were just standing there like idiots. Someone needed to do something."

"Still-"

"She's just a friendly neighbor trying to be nice, let's not get worked up for nothing."

As minjoo turned to enter her own apartment, she made eye contact with Wonpil who was walking towards the door.

"Minjoo-"

Before he could say any other thing, she ran into her apartment and slammed the door.

She actually went to check if he was back by giving them the food his mom sent, but seeing him made her furious.

He rang her doorbell multiple times but she didn't answer.

"I'll call you later." He said loud enough for her to hear.

He turned and punched in the passcode for Day6 apartment and walked in.

"You're back," Dowoon said when he walked in.

"Yeah, I just wanted to clear my head for a while." He responded taking off his shoes.

"Do you feel better?" Sungjin asked when he walked further in.

Wonpil nodded and went into the room. He changed into something more comfortable and returned.

"Oh, Jae, can you put the side dishes she brought in the fridge?"

"Sure." The oldest responded to the leader and went to the fridge.

"Who brought side dishes?" Wonpil asked, praying that what he was thinking wasn't true.

"Minjoo."

Wonpil mentally groaned at Sungjin's response.

"We could've told her we don't need it. Who collected them?"

"The one who loves food."

Wonpil glared at Brian and he looked away.

"Hold on-" Jae said and everyone turned to him. "Wonpil aren't these your mom's containers." He held up one of the containers Minjoo brought and one that had been in the fridge before.

"There are millions of families who use the same plates and containers in Korea," Brian said to save him.

Jae tilted his head to show his excuse wasn't convincing.

He opened a container with marinated crab meat and tasted it.

"Yo except I'm tripping this tastes exactly like the one your mom brought for us before."

"Dude you barely remember anything correctly-" Brian began to save Wonpil again but Wonpil cut him off.

"It is. My mom sent them."

"Then why did Minjoo bring them?" Sungjin asked confused.

"Guys the truth is.." Wonpil paused and took a deep breath. He was trying to think of something convincing before continuing, "The truth is, Minjoo is my cousin." He concluded and looked at Brian giving him a narrow smile.

"Oh now it all makes sense." Jae nodded repeatedly.

"That's why you were so defensive about us calling her beautiful," Dowoon added.

Wonpil laughed nervously. "Yeah."
——

Thanks for reading!!