9

The next morning was already Saturday and JYP called for an emergency meeting. He told the boys about their new manager and wanted to introduce the person to them.

"Can someone go get us coffee?" The CEO asked, pulling out his credit card.

"I'll go." Jae offered and Brian immediately dropped his head because he knew what was coming. "Let's go." The oldest tapped him.

"Ugh..." He groaned as he stood up to follow him. "You bother me so much." He whined when they were on their way to the cafe in the building.

"You know you love me."

"Sure."

They quickly ordered seven iced coffee and were rushing back to the office when Jae bumped into a lady.

"I'm so sorry." He bent over to pick up her purse that had fallen. "Here." He handed it over to her.

She smiled and took it from his hand. "It's good."

She was tall and much more fair-skinned compared to them. Her hair was straight, long and blonde.

"Do you have an appointment? I can help you out." 

"I work here."

"Oh." Jae felt the embarrassment rush to his pale face. "Sorry, I haven't seen you before."

"Today is my first day."

Brian who had been patiently standing nudged Jae. "Hyungnim is waiting."

"I'm in a hurry," Jae told the lady. "I guess I'll see you around."

The two boys rushed back to JYP's office.

"We're here."

"It took you guys forever but thank you." JYP took his card back.

They sat down after handing everyone a cup. The seventh one was for the new manager.

"She's here," JYP said and stood up to welcome their manager. They all stood up as well, confused.

The same lady Jae had bumped into walked in.

"This is Arin," JYP said. "Arin this is Day6."

--

"Woah that's an upgrade," Sungjin said when they all successfully dragged themselves to their practice room.

Having a female manager still felt unbelievable.

"And she's a foreigner too," Dowoon added.

"You guys get so excited around ladies," Brian said and shook his head.

"YOO JEONGYEON." Jae yelled to tease him.

All the members laughed and he threatened to hit Jae. There was a knock before the door opened and Arin walked in.

"I wanted to get to know you guys better." She said and smiled and they all smiled back even though half of them barely understood what she said.

"I'm Jae, the oldest. That's sungjin, our leader. Brian, bassist. Wonpil, keyboardist. Dowoon, drummer and youngest." Jae introduced each of them, pointing as he spoke. "Brian also speaks English."

"I'm Young K." Brian said and smiled. "Nice to meet you."

"I did some research on you guys already to get familiar. Let's spend today together."

--

It was so awkward having her in the practice room with them. They tried to act as natural as possible but it was just awkward.

When it was lunchtime, she told them she wanted to eat out with them.

"You do the driving too?" Jae asked.

"Are you underestimating my abilities?"

"No sorry I just- I can drive if you want."

She laughed. "I'm kidding."

"If you get tired I'll take over." Jae offered.

"Jae this is my job."

As they hopped into the vehicle, Jamie's car pulled up right next to their van. Jae who had already entered the front passenger seat got off to say hi.

"Who's that?" Jamie whispered when she saw the unfamiliar face in the driver's seat.

"New manager."

"Woah. JYP's really taking this to another level." She did a mini clap. "Y'all are leaving already?"

"To get lunch first. Wanna come?"

"Can I?" She sounded excited.

"Didn't you come here to do something though?"

"It can wait."

"Also we're going home right after."

"I can find my way back here."

"Alrighty. Hop in." Jae pulled the van door open and rather than getting in the front seat as he had planned, he followed Jamie into the back.

"Hi. I'm Jimin Park. Or Jamie." She said to Arin who was now looking confused. "Jae invited me to lunch."

"Oh okay." Arin put the keys in the ignition before looking at Jae's face through the rearview mirror. "Talk to me first next time."

Everyone was taken aback because of her reaction but then again she was technically in charge of them now.

---
Thanks for reading !