32

Jae took Arin around their apartment building multiple times before getting too tired. They went back upstairs and in the elevator, Arin wouldn't stop looking at him. Her head was tilted and she looked up at his face.

"Doesn't your neck hurt?" He asked sounding irritated and uncomfortable.

"Are you dating that girl... Jimin?" She asked straightforwardly.

"WHat. No." He laughed. "Does it look that way?"

She nodded.

"Why do you care though?" He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

--

After the kiss, Sungjin still lingered at Minjoo's door.

"You're not going to leave?" She giggled.

"I want to keep looking at you."

She blushed and hit his chest cutely. "Let's finish up the movie then."

"Just the movie?" He questioned.

"What else do you want to do?" She moved backward as he moved closer to her. She leaned her back on the wall. He brought his lips close to hers but pulled away.

"We can eat popcorn too." He said as he walked away.

"Yah!! Why did you do that?"

"You did that to me before, remember?" He asked and stuck his tongue at her to tease her.

The door opened and Arin wheeled herself in. "So the two of you asked Jae to take me outside?" She asked looking at Sungjin and Minjoo.

"Goodnight." Sungjin bowed politely and left.

---

Minjoo woke up early because she was coughing heavily. She used her hand to cover her mouth and there was blood on her palm when she looked at it. She walked to the bathroom and washed her hands.

it was going to happen soon. She could feel it.

She decided to return to her hometown to see her family one last time.

After putting her things together, she rang Day6's doorbell. Wonpil opened the door. He noticed her luggage beside her.

"You're leaving?"

She nodded. "I want to spend at least a day with my parents..."

He smiled. "I'm coming along since we didn't end up going that weekend. Just let me call and ask for permission first." He let her come sit in the living room as he went to pack a bag for himself.

"Can you call Sungjin for me?"

Wonpil nodded and as soon as he walked into the room, Sungjin came out.

"What's up?" He asked excitedly sitting next to her. The look on her face wasn't good at all. She looked pale and dead but he continued to smile so she won't feel worse.

She knew she wasn't going to last for even a week so she just wanted to leave with one mind. "Thank you for loving me and helping me experience being in a relationship even if it was only for a day."

Sungjin knew what was coming next but he still kept a smile on his face.

"Let's break up." She said and looked at him. "You're free to date whoever you want even after I'm gone. I know I'm the silliest person you've met. One day I ask you to love me, another day I ask you to forget me."

He pulled her into a hug instead of responding.

Wonpil got permission from JYP to go home and he rushed out with his own luggage. "Are you ready?" He met Minjoo sitting alone. "Did Sungjin go somewhere?"

"To the bathroom." She said.

"Did you cry again?" He held her as support for her to stand up.

She shook her head. "Who is cry? I don't know her." She said and chuckled and he did the same.

"I'M LEAVING." He yelled before walking out of the apartment with Minjoo.

Sungjin had locked himself in the bathroom and turned on the shower to mute his sobs. His heart couldn't take it.

He felt a sense of relief that at least they had a pleasant goodbye but that didn't stop the tears from falling.

-

smh

i swear i didnt forget about the jeongyeon-younghyun couple...😅

thanks for reading!!