31

Wonpil made up his mind to clearly end things with Minjoo whether or not she liked Sungjin. He wanted to remain friends with her instead of being in an awkward relationship before she died. He was waiting for her to return home so that he would go talk to her.

-----

Minjoo and Sungjin returned to their apartments. As they were about to enter their respective doors, they turned to look at each other to say something.

"You first," Sungjin said and gestured with his hands.

"You wanna come in for a while?" She asked.

His cheeks flushed pink as he said: "Sure, give me a second."

He walked into his apartment and went straight to Brian. "I need a favor." He said to the bassist who was laying down.

"Which is?"

"Are you close to our manager?"

"No, but Jae is. Why?"

"Can you get her out of Minjoo's apartment for a while?" He pleaded.

"I'll tell Jae."

After begging him multiple times, Jae decided to help. He went to Minjoo's apartment and told Arin he wanted to push her around to get some air.

"Did you want to talk to me?" She asked as they headed towards the elevator.

"Not really but I just need to get you out of Minjoo's apartment for a while."

She dropped her head and smiled. "Thanks for helping me earlier."

"Sure it's still a bit awkward for me but-" He cleared his throat and looked away. "Nevermind."

"You couldn't see me, could you?"

"I was totally blind."

"Do you feel something for me all of a sudden because you were this close to seeing me naked?" She asked in a teasing manner.

"That was so random." Jae laughed off the question. "Can we go in silence please."

---

Meanwhile, sungjin went to minjoo's apartment and the couple sat to watch a movie.

They were cuddled together when the doorbell rang. Sungjin broke away and hid behind the sofa.

"Hey- wonpil?" Minjoo looked confused to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to spend time with you." He barged his way in and sat down. "Looks like you were watching a movie."

He had seen when Sungjin came to her apartment so he came over to jokingly sabotage their time together.

"Y-Yes," Minjoo answered, making sure Sungjin was hiding perfectly.

"Are you alone?" Wonpil asked, looking around.

She nodded and sat down next to him. "Actually I was about to turn this off and go to bed." She lied.

"I see." He smirked. "Since you're here by yourself I guess I can talk to you."

"About?"

"Us." He said taking her hand into his. "I still love you and-"

"Wonpil I'm dating sungjin." She blurted so he won't have the chance to complete his sentence.

"It doesn't matter you can still give me a chance. Please give me a chance." He said and there was a long pause before he stood up and started laughing. "Hyung I know you're here." He said crawling to find sungjin. They bumped their heads as sungjin was trying to crawl away from the direction he was coming.

"Ouch!!" They yelled at the same time.

"Both of you can just crawl out of my apartment," Minjoo said and shook her head at both of them.

They stood up and moved to the door.

Wonpil took her hand, "On a serious note, I hope we can still be friends."

Sungjin excused himself to give Wonpil some privacy to say all he wanted to her.

"I'm sorry for all that happened, acting stupid to you, lying about our relationship... I wish you could stay longer." He was getting teary-eyed. "At least as my best friend, I can still say I love you. Please don't leave so soon... you can fight it, I believe you can. Did your doctor conclude it or is there a small percent chance of survival? Is surgery an option? What about chemo?"

Minjoo started crying before he did and she threw herself in his arms. He held her tight.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I should've told you earlier."

"Don't apologize, no matter what happens, I'll be by your side. Even on the last day... as your best friend."

"I love you too." She squeezed her eyes tight wishing it wasn't real. "I don't want to leave.. we still have so much we haven't done together."

They had made promises to do things together but when Wonpil became a trainee they kept postponing.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Now the tears he had been holding started to fall. His only childhood friend that was still his friend was going to be gone in the blink of an eye. "Don't leave please."

"I'm sorry." She was bawling her eyes out on his chest without holding anything back.

After crying together for a long time, Wonpil told her to get some rest and he left. They had also joked around to make themselves feel better so once she was in a happy mode, he saw that he could leave.

---

Minjoo's doorbell rang.

"What the-" She was shocked to see Sungjin standing at her door after a few seconds of Wonpil leaving. "Did you forget something?"

"Yes, this." He said before placing a kiss on her lips.

-

im tryna wrap things up as quick as possible (:

im so done with this,,,

thanks for reading !!