26

"Shouldn't you be with your family?" Sungjin sat next to her on the sand.

"I will, in my last week."

"How much longer.. do you have?"

"About a week and two days, but it can be shorter or longer, no one knows." She played with the sand.

"Do you have a bucket list?"

"No."

"What do you want to do the most?"

"A relationship." She looked at him and chuckled, "Don't do things out of pity for me."

"Let's go back to Seoul tomorrow."

"Why?"

"There's something I have to take care of."

He wanted to take the brave step to make her happy. In a special way, he planned to ask her out.

---

"Let's go this evening," Jae said to Arin. "To practice driving." He emphasized and quoted with his fingers.

He sounded so sarcastic, it made Arin laugh. "Sure," she said. "You need a lot of training."

"Are you really bent on provoking me?"

"You started it. See you later." She closed the door in his face.

Jae also went into his own apartment and slammed the door.

"Damn." Brian exclaimed. "Who made you angry?"

"Who else?" The older one responded muttering some curse words under his breath. "I'll be going out later today."

"Did you see?" Brian asked. "Sungjin said he's coming back tomorrow."

"What time?"

"He didn't specify."

---

When it got too dark outside, Sungjin and Minjoo returned home.

"Do you want to just go today?" Minjoo asked as they walked into the house.

"Sure, I'll book any ticket left for today before I go put my things together."

She nodded and went into the room to put her things together as well.

Sungjin called his sister to come give them a ride to the train station and soon they were on their way back to Seoul.

--

Arin waited for Jae at the parking lot as planned. When he got there, they both entered the vehicle.

"Seatbelt." She said and it just aggravated him even more.

"I know that much." He said through his teeth. He started the car and reversed before driving out of the parking area.

"Let's go to an area with less cars."

"Stop telling me what to do." Jae snapped.

"That's why I am here."

"You're here because JYP said so."

"You're going way too fast, slow down."

To rebel, Jae stepped on the accelerator to go faster.

Arin unlatched her seatbelt. "Stop the car, I'm driving us back home."

"Says who?"

"Stop acting like a child, you're gonna get us into an accident."

"I know what I am doing."

"JAE!!"

---

Sungjin wanted to surprise the members, so even when they arrived in Seoul, he took a taxi with Minjoo to their apartment.

He quietly punched in the passcode and walked towards his room.

--

Brian felt bad at how Wonpil was behaving and he made it worse by the way he spoke to him at the wedding reception. He walked to his room and slowly entered.

"Can we talk?" He asked sitting next to him on his bed. Wonpil nodded and sat up. "I'm sorry for sounding so mean.." Brian continued. "I just wanted you to understand and see your faults."

"You don't have to apologize, everything you said was right... I'm just a little jealous."

"That she's with Sungjin?"

"I said I didn't care but I actually do. But on second thoughts, I want her to be happy right now even if it's not with me."

"Even if they're dating?"

"I gave up a long time ago."

"But you still haven't broken up with her..."

"I did tell her we should take a break but we never concluded our relationship."

"Well her feelings are the most important right now... I think you need to talk with her and apologize for lying about your relationship with her. Tell her your mind, how you feel, why you did what you did."

"It's useless though, besides if she is dating Sungjin it's better she remains as my cousin." He said and quoted with his fingers in the air. "How do you think hyung will feel if he finds out he's dating my girlfriend."

"We don't know for sure, if they are dating. Don't close your mind, you might still have a chance."

Wonpil smiled and looked at him. "So you're on my side?"

"Of course." Brian said and ruffled his hair. "She was yours first."

---

Sungjin tiptoed back out of the apartment and took a deep breath. For a second time, it felt as if his world came crashing down again. First, she was a cancer patient. Now, she was Wonpil's girlfriend. He regretted returning home so early and eavesdropping on their conversation.

---

The traffic light ahead turned red and Jae abruptly brought the car to a stop. Their heads both jerked back and forth.

"At least you didn't run a light. Let's switch seats." Arin said.

"No."

Once the lights turned green, Jae kept going.

Arin held her chest. "I'm seriously going to puke. Jae seriously... stop the car."

He ignored her and kept going because he thought she was faking.

She made an attempt to take over the wheel, but it diverted the car into another lane on the opposite side of the road. Jae tried to get control of it and swerve back before they hit a tree but it was already too late.

A car came crashing into the right side, Arin's side.

Their car was pushed aside and Jae banged his head against the steering wheel, but luckily the airbag came out on his side. However, Arin didn't have her seat belt on. She hit her head on the window, jerked back and forth and landed her head on the dashboard.

They were both unconscious.

---

thanks for reading!!