‡{The Escape}‡

A mind reader in our group with the abilities of a scyra who made deals to get to the next level. She can control others and she can almost telepathically speak to others. Sure, she has amazing powers, but Jesus Christ. She needs an upgrade from those dirty old clothes and outgrown hair, and I'm going to help her with that.

   It's been way too long since I've helped a scyra with having an approachable appearance. The last time I have bought someone a new look was when I found Arthur and Aaron sitting on the side of the road with their Urian saviors and several other sad looking scyra kids.

   "So, where so you wanna start?" I ask the girl. I think her name is Sonya. Aaron told me her name but he knows I'm horrible with that kind of stuff. "I...don't really know. Where would you prefer?" Sonya and I make our way to the door. I look over into the bathroom to see Aaron sleeping in the most god awful position in the bathtub. This boy, I swear. He gave up his bed for Sonya and instisted that we kept her with us.

   Sonya and I make our way out of the hotel and I instantly take her down the sidwalk towards a nice clothing shop that's scyra-friendly. I've been around this place many times before, these roads and corners aren't new to me.

   "The limit's 100 bucks, get whatever clothes you need. We'll discuss your hair after this." I tell her, she widens her eyes as if she'd just won the lottery. "That's...a lot of money. Are....are you sure?" She asks the question people ask me way too often to count. Little does she know that my family was almost just as well off as the Nowel family, which is the richest lineage to be known to all races. My parents died about two years ago, so now I'm left with all of this money. I might as well use it on good things rather than for useless and stupid things, like sex or a shit ton of shoes for a closet I don't have. "Yes, now go! Get what you want, man." I shoo her away into the store and turn the other way, searching for a bench.

   Just as I sit down once I find one nearby, my eyes are met with the sight of a Urian scyra woman. Her eyes lock with mine, chills run down my spine. Her light pink eyes are accompanied by dark skin and beautiful baby blue swirls on her cheeks. She has her hair up in a poofy ponytail and her clothes intrigue me with it's rosa fabric and gold trim. I can't help but envy her appearance, it's so chic.

   My moment of admiration is suddenly interrupted by Sonya yelling for me to come into the shop. As soon as I make my way through the door, she pulls me to the fitting room with a number of articles of clothing hanging on her other arm. My shoulder rams into a corner as we finally make it into the fitting room. Sonya locks herself in a stall and begins putting on her new clothes.

   In a matter of seconds, she pops out wearing a dark purple sweater with denim pants dyed pitch black. She has black high tops for shoes on, one shoe has red laces, the other has blue laces. Over the entire outfit, she has a silky pink cloak with violet fuzz on the inside, which gives the wearer warmth. "What do you think?" Sonya twirls and bows, lifting up part of the cloak with her arm, revealing pockets on the inside of the cloak. I nod my head  and smile, "I love it! I'm living for your style! Now take it off so I can pay for it." She then giggles and proceeds to go back into the stall.

   Back at the inn, Sonya and I arrive to find Arthur still sleeping. There's no sign of Aaron in the bathroom, but it doesn't take long for Sonya to find him at the window, hidden behind the curtain and watching the first snowfall of December. "Hey, Sonya, no time to mess around. Get in the shower so I can cut your hair." Sonya's face lights up with a grin stretching from ear to ear. I return the smile.