Chapter 58 (Epilogue PT 2)

NIaLL

That ball bounced off the bar and landed right at the edge of the of the goal. Could go either way. Looked like to me that more of the ball was inside the goal net. And from what I hear from the crowd and other teammates, they feel the same way. But nooo, the ref says no good! Bullshit! Oh well, our team is still ahead by two.

"It's alright guys! Shake it off! We can still do this!", I shout out to them

"That ref is stupid", Naomi says shaking her head. The coach looks at her and laughs.

"Definitely blind as a bat", Another team mate says.

"Naomi you know how me and dad feel about the word stupid", I say trying to keep my laugh in

"You know daddy and uncle Lou are saying worse things papa", she says in her little sassy way. I let it slide because she is so correct.

"Okay..He's ignorant", She says rolling her eyes

*Flash Back*

"You get to leave this place today!", Harry says excitedly as we enter Naomi's hospital room. Her grandparents there with us.

"Yeah", She says looking down at her lap.

"Why so gloomy love?", I ask her as I sit on the bed next to her. "Don't you wanna go home?", I ask her as I push some of her hair from her face.

"I'm not going home", She says glancing up at us. "I'm going to some stupid orphanage", She says sadly. I look over at Harry and we both look at her grandparents. They are mirroring the looks on our faces.

"Honey", Her grandmother says getting up from her seat. We have learned that her name is Katherine but everyone calls her Katie. Grandpas name is Geoff. "You're not going to the orphanage. You're going home. With Niall and Harry", She explains with a smile on her face

"What?", Naomi says looking up at us. "I am?", She says again for reassurance.

"Yes! You sure are!", Harry says excitedly

"Let's go then!", She says as she quickly moves the blanket off her and gets out of the bed. We all start laughing as we gather her bags up and all the flowers and teddie bears that have been sent to her. And of course, the life sized one is from Louis and Liam. Took all four of us to carry all her things down to our cars.

"Can we follow you guys over and see her new home?", Katie asked as we loaded things up. Thankfully we have my truck

"You bet you can!", I told them with a smile. "You are welcome anytime!", Harry and I say at once

"Alright then", Geoff says with a smile. We then load her things up in both vehicles as even with our truck not everything is fitting.
*Flashback over*

"It's good!", I hear the ref call out. The other team just scored!

C'mon lads you're getting sloppy!", The coach hollers out. "This is for the championship mates! Get your heads back in the game!", He calls out to them

It's our ball now. Third quarter nearly over. This is getting to be too close for my liking

"Stop chewing your nails papa", Naomi says as she pulls my hand down from my face. I look at her and she is also chewing her nails.

"Well that means you have to stop too", I tell her with a smirk

"Well..crap", she says taking her finger from her mouth. I just laugh at her. We hear someone whistle and look up to see Harry waving at us. Him and Liam are close to the front so we can see them quite well in the crowd.