Chapter 14: Friends

"It's a week before Harry's birthday and I don't know what to give him." I say and Ellie was on the other line. "He has everything." I add. "You can strip." Ellie says with a laugh. "No way! Are you insane? I don't know if he would like that." I seriously say. I don't think Harry will like it if I try to be a stripper in front of him and his mates. It will really look bad. "Where is he anyway?" She asks. "He met some of his mates." I say. "You allowed him?" "Yeah, of course I should. He'll be back later." I answer.

"I know you don't want to talk about this but I really want to ask if---" "Is this about the story? Go for it." "How's the story?" She asks as I position myself in front of my desk and I opened my computer. "I'm already done with chapters seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty and twenty one." I say as I scrolled down. My heart starts to beat fast since a few chapters left and I'm officially done. "Ellie, I'm almost done." I say and my eyes starts to be watery. "No... It can't be done. How fast is this. This can't be fast. I have to stop for a week." I say. "What? So you're not going to write for a week?" She says. "No. I won't. Ellie, I'm too fast I can finish this in anytime. I will just let Harry use his own actions." I add and wiped my tears. "Tara, you do really love him." "I do. I really do love him." I add and sniffed, I'm not crying as bad as before anymore, I guess I'm slowly accepting what is happening now.

"Ellie, can you come with me to Footprints? They told me if I have reached chapter twenty I should visit them." "Yeah, I'll pick you up." "Thanks." "I'll be there any minute." She adds.

Before she comes, I take a shower and she rings the doorbell.

"You're fast." I say after opening the door and Ellie comes in. "Let's go?" "Excited, aren't we?" I ask as I get my phone and wallet on the table in front of the couch. "Yeah and please don't cry today." Ellie says and we laughed.

We get in her car and she drives to Footprints. Then we just got stuck in traffic. "Traffic gets worst nowadays." She says and looks at me. "Is that what Harry gave you?" She says and touches the necklace. "It's really nice. Did you type that?" Ellie asks and starts to drive again. "No. I didn't." I say with a smile. "How are you and Chris?" I ask. "Great. He's with his mates too." "How's Calum?" I ask and she smiles. "He doesn't call anymore, right?" She says and I nod. "After pulling a prank on me was his last call." I say. "He's fine. He came with Chris a few days ago since Chris bought a new telly and his mates came." Ellie says and turns to another street. "How's he?" "He's fine. Still single. Oh, Chris told me they talked about you and Harry. Please don't tell anyone about it. It was the lads' secret and Chris just shared it to me." Ellie says. "I promise. What is it?" "Calum asked them why did you had Harry that fast. Twenty-four didn't pass and you had Harry. Then, Calum said that he still wants you back." Ellie says and I look outside the window. "He f^cked too much. I'm done with him." I say. "But if Harry didn't come in your life, would you have him back?" Ellie asks me. I take a deep breath. "I didn't think of coming back to him anymore. You know if I'll just hear insults from my boyfriend about how I act, I think and love, I would just let him go." I answer. "But you had nine months with him." "That doesn't matter." I say. "It really doesn't matter. Time or how long you were together, it doesn't measure the couple's love. It's what they had, their experience, what we've been through, the time when they were together. We've got this love-hate thing before." I add and Ellie didn't react or say anything until we reach Footprints.

"Does Harry know where you are?" Ellie asks as we went down the car. "No. Harry shouldn't know I have a transaction with Footprints." I say and we both went in the building and to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here to see Ms. Johnson." I say. "Good morning, can I please have your name?" The woman in the front desk says. "Tara Shaw. And with her friend. Ellie Bennett." I say and the lady looks at her computer.