Chapter 16-Decisions

 (Beth’s POV)

 You ever hated someone so much, it overwhelms you and you just break down crying in front of that person? You’re blood boiled, fist raging, head pounding, teeth gritting, nostrils flaring? That’s the same exact thing I’m feeling right now looking into the eyes of Ryan Fletcher.

‘What did you just say?’ I ask sounding angry.

‘You heard, I am in love with you, Beth.’ He repeats.

‘Asking you to repeat yourself was a chance for you to redeem yourself.’

‘Redeem myself from what?’

‘Saying what you just said…’

‘What, about me loving you?’ He questions while lingering further towards me.

‘Come anywhere near me and I’ll kick you in the balls’ I threaten.

‘Ouch, why you gotta be like that? All the girls love me, how come you don’t?’

‘Because you’re convinced that every girl loves you. Plus you believe every girl should love you. You’re in love with yourself more than anything. It’s freaky and disgusting. I just want you to stay away from me, don’t you get it? Why didn’t you just walk away and leave it as soon as I threw you out half naked?’

‘Because I can’t stay away from you.’ He declares.

‘I see what you’re trying to do.’

‘And what’s that?’ Ryan asks.

‘There’s one girl who doesn’t fall head over heels for you so you decide to try and make her fall desperately in love with you so you can then rip out her heart then run away laughing because you got all you wanted.’ I accuse and his face drops.

‘If you think I’m the person to do such a thing… if you think I’m even capable of doing that to you… to you of all people… then you are horribly mistaken and you weren’t the girl I fell in love with’

‘The only girl I ever was around you is the one that’s standing here right now!’ I scream.

‘No you aren’t… this girl right here is the one doesn’t see how much I love you’

‘You don’t understand how much I RESENT you!’

‘We’ve been through this!’

Me and Ryan screaming at each other in the middle of the street caused my parents to come snooping.

‘Beth?’ Mum asks lightly.

I turn and see them both standing at the front door wearing their dressing gowns.

‘Hey mum, I’ll just be a second. Just go back in the house and I’ll be there in a few minutes’

‘Are you ok, Beth?’ Dad sounds quite strict.

‘Yeah, I’ll be fine as soon as this jack-ass gets out of my drive’ I cross my arms and bend a leg slightly for stance.

‘Sure… this jack-ass who loves you will get out you’re drive. Hope this is what you want; because I only want what makes you happy.’ Ryan says looking me in the eye.

Ryan turns around and walk towards his car and disappears.

I turn back to my parents who gesture me inside and I follow.

Did I just make the right decision to turn Ryan away? After all… I do hate him… right?