Chapter 19-Denied Access at Reception

 (Beth’s POV)

 I push the heavy wooden doors open to the coma ward and dart towards the reception desk. A woman on reception greets me with a warm smile.

‘Hello, madam, how can I help you today?’ she asks.

‘Hi, I need to see Ryan Fletcher immediately!’ I reply in a panic.

‘I’m afraid I can’t let you do that, madam.’

‘Why not?’

‘Because I was given orders not to let his crazy obsessed fans into his ward’ she shoots back with a slight harsh tone.

‘Oh I’m far from a crazy obsessed fan!’

‘That’s what a crazy obsessed fan would say. No get out of this hospital before I get some very big men to remove you themselves. You aren’t seeing Mr Fletcher’ she demands.

‘Please just let me see him! I’m not a fan it’s not like that!’ she declares.

‘I get it…you aren’t a fan… you are mentally dating him.’ She throws at me.

‘Last night he was shouting at me in my drive way claiming he’s in love with me!’ I bellow.

‘I need you to calm down and leave now’

‘I’m not doing anything until you let me see Ryan!’ I scream.

She presses a button on the desk and heavy men march my way.

Shit.

They grab me by the arms and begin to drag me away but I fight their strength and return to the desk yet again.

‘Look lady, I-‘

I get cut off by a doctor whispering in the receptionist’s ear. She nods and the doctor leaves her be and she turns to me.

‘Ryan has just woken from his coma’

My heart flutters with relief and I take a sigh of relief.

‘Now your mind is at rest, you can leave’ she demands yet again and the men grab my arms again.

I scream and still manage to break free from their grip.

‘Please, all you have to do is show him my face through a window and he’ll nod in approval! That’s all! YOU’VE GOT TO BELIEVE ME!’

The tears just fall one by one. The receptionist sees this and nods slightly and I’m guided through a hallway and into a room.

I see Ryan lying in the hospital bed.

But it’s not the Ryan I met.

This Ryan is covered in bruises and scars. In some areas his skin is split apart… there isn’t one part of his skin that isn’t damaged in some sort of way.

I sob again and Ryan looks up to find me standing there.

I look up at him hopefully and wait for him to nod his head so the men can leave us be.

But his head doesn’t nod… his shakes in disapproval and the men instantly grab me and begin yanking me out the room again.

I begin screaming at the top of my lungs ‘RYAN DON’T DO THIS! I HAVE TO HELP YOU! I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HELP YOU!’

But his hospital room gets further and further away from my eyes.

That Ryan I saw…

He wasn’t the Ryan I knew…

This Ryan was vulnerable…

This was the Ryan I had no hope in protecting because he’s pushed me away.

He’s pushed away as soon as I’ve realised my true feelings…

I’ve fallen in love with him…

I’ve fallen in love with the man I resent.