Chapter 17-School and Home

 (Beth’s POV)

 I walk through the hallways of the school grasping books to my chest. My mind is replaying the events of last night over and over again. On one shoulder, I believe it’s right I turned him away. However the other shoulder regrets sending him away so harshly. He did convey his feelings for me. But it’s Josh who I want!

Thinking of the devil, Josh walks towards me from his locker and pulls me into a cosy hug that gives my butterflies.

We pull out of the hug and share a long and passionate kiss.

I love this so much.

‘Hey’ he says then winks.

I laugh at him and punch him lightly in the arm. He grasps his arm in pain and I roll my eyes.

‘I didn’t punch you that hard, you pussy!’ I joke.

‘You wanna say that again?’ he teases then tickles me.

We’re basically having a tickling fight in the middle of the school hallways and I’m screaming. Everyone turns to us in shock then gets on with their business.

Macy sees us and stops herself from walking over to us.

I roll my eyes and link arms with Josh and walk off.

After school, I get home and talk to my parents about last night.

They knew who I was fighting with in the street and want answers.

‘So why were You and Ryan Fletcher having a screaming match in our drive last night?’ Mum asks confused.

‘Because, we bumped into each other at a nightclub accidently and he developed feelings for me just because I’m the girl who isn’t hopelessly in love with him, that’s why’ I spit back. ‘Sorry for sounding so angry, I just want nothing more to do with him. I’m going out with Josh now anyway’ I scowl again and cross my arms.

‘Josh? Josh who? What year is he in? Has he got any STDs?’ Dad gives me 20 questions.

‘Josh Hamptings, my year and NO WAY!’ the last part is screamed back at them.

‘Ok… just be careful sweetie’ Mum orders.

I nod in assurance.

I then go and sit down in the living room to watch TV. I switch it on with the remote and the news randomly pops up. Then I picture comes on the screen of the one person I wished of never seeing again…

Ryan.

I turn the volume up on the TV and can’t believe what I’m hearing.

‘Solo pop sensation, Ryan Fletcher has been induced into a coma after his car was hit by a lorry on the high way. Doctors believe there’s only a 10% chance he’ll make it.’ The TV reporter announces while reporting outside of the hospital.

My heart just sinks….