Chapter 9-School Part II

 (Beth’s POV)

 I trudge through the school hallways again the next day. I’m wearing my black blazer with my school logo on, a white shirt underneath, a skirt hitched up to my waist that reaches mid-thigh, black tights and my stilettos. We aren’t supposed to wear stilettos but I do it anyway.

Macy runs up to me while gripping my hands tightly.

‘EMERGENCY SCHOOL ASSEMBLY!’ she screeches under her breath in an attempt to keep quiet.

‘Why’s that so bad?’ I say chuckling while yanking my school bag further up on my shoulder.

‘A little birdy told me it’s about what’s been in the media lately!’ Macy hisses.

‘Oh… well I doubt it has anything to do with me!’ I exclaim and she rolls her eyes.

I pull out my phone and view another text from Ryan.

‘If you won’t give me my clothes back yourself, I’m coming to get them myself-Ryan’

I don’t even bother replying this time. I sigh as I drop my phone back into my bag.

‘Mind telling me who you’re avoiding via text?’ Macy questions.

‘Ryan… he wants his clothes back…’

‘WHAT!’ Macy screams out in the hallway way too loudly. I slap a hand onto her mouth and keep it there a while. He eyes don’t shift from the wide shape they are and soon I realise the hallway full of students are staring at us.

‘Thanks for that, Macy’ I wheeze almost silently.

I uncover her mouth while the bell for assembly sounds. I take a deep breath and hope for the god dam best! We both saunter into the school hall and sit beside each other on a chair each near the front.

Our head teacher, Mr Bowman begins to talk.

‘You may all be wondering why we’ve gather you for an assembly on Tuesday when our normal assembly is usually on Thursday. This assembly is important and we must acknowledge our students. We are aware that a student has been having relations with celebrity Ryan Fletcher’ Mr Bowman is interrupted by the vigorous whispers escaping peoples lips; gossip. I roll my eyes, cross my arms then my legs and take a brief sigh.

‘Why aren’t you bothered by this?’ Macy shrills.

‘Because no one can figure out that it’s me! As far as everyone knows I hate the bloody washed up twat’

‘Calm down, students!’ Mr Bowman bellows. The hall falls silent and turns their attention back to Mr Bowman at the front of the hall. Then he continues ‘We can tell it’s a girl from this school because photo’s snapped from yesterday from the paps caught a girl in our uniform, however every picture we’ve got hold of hasn’t given us a clear shot of your face, whoever you are. The staff and I would recommend that you stop seeing Mr Fletcher immediately as this reflects badly on the image of our school.’

My blood instantly boils and my fist clench. Macy rests a hand on my arm to calm me down.

When assembly finishes, I walk into the hallway and I have no control over my body. I punch a locker; and hard. Hard enough to leave an imprint of fist.

Why am I getting so worked up over someone who means so little to me?