Story 6

"Woaaahh," Shirayuki and Ryuu looked around in awe.

"Can we really use all these resources and materials?" Shirayuki asked, her eyes glued to the books before her.

"Yup," Suzu answered.

"Damn," Obi said with a sweat-drop on his face. "I'm surprised at how you people can stay around these for so long."

"What are you talking about, Obi?" Shirayuki looked at him. "Books are the largest source of knowledge. It's what we researchers would die to obtain. This place is like heaven!"

Obi stared at her gleaming eyes of passion and looked to Ryuu, who, too, was nodding his head passionately in agreement. The two began looking through the massive shelves of books with eyes that he had never seen before. Their eyes were sparkling with life and seeing that, Obi gave a satisfied grin. As long as they were happy, he didn't mind.

"Ah, it's Shirayuki!" a girl called from above.

"Yuzuri," Shirayuki noticed as she watched the girl come prancing down the stairs. "You're also here?"

"But of course," she smiled. "As a fellow researcher, this place is the place where all researchers desire to spend their time!"

"Agreed," Ryuu remarked with an excited stoic face.

"Anyhow, I'm glad to see that Suzu's doing his job," Yuzuri grinned. "It's rare to see him up and about."

"Even I'm surprised myself," Suzu stated.

"This guy," Yuzuri closed her eyes in annoyance as she held up a fist.

Shirayuki chuckled while Obi walked over to her side. By now, after being with her for at least a year, it was second nature to him to stand next to her. He was her support and will continue being that until she no longer needed him. Shirayuki smiled at seeing Obi stand next to her and felt his presence soothing. She had gotten used to him standing next to her that without him, it felt as if there was something amiss besides her.

"Well, we'll leave you two to your research," Yuzuri waved. 

"Have a nice day, you two," Shirayuki waved.

"We'll see you later," Suzu waved as Yuzuri dragged him by the collar.

"Those two are rather interesting people," Obi commented as he looked at Shirayuki.

She laughed. "I guess you can say that."

Ryuu went up to her and tugged on her clothes. "Shirayuki-san, shall we start finding some topics to research on?" 

Shirayuki stared at him and grinned. "Let's do that!"

Ryuu smiled softly as the two each began making their way around the shelves and taking out whatever reference materials looked interesting. Obi helped the two with carrying the books and sat idly by as they read through it. Shirayuki sat on the red velvet couch lined with gold near the window, Ryuu sat on the floor with a red velvet cushion beneath him, and Obi sat on the window ledge, staring at the snowy scenery. It was peaceful and warm, something that the three enjoyed and with the three all gathered together in one space, they couldn't ask for more.

A few hours later~

The sky had already started darkening, signaling that it was a little past afternoon. Shirayuki and Ryuu were immersed in their books and showed no sign of lifting their heads up or paying attention to the passing time. However, Obi was a different story. He didn't mind staying in the library in the beginning since Shirayuki and little Ryuu were there but now, he was starting to grow bored out of his mind.