Comfort - Eleven

You had just found out that your parents had been in an accident, they moved away from Hawkins when your dad was offered a new job but you stayed with your older brother here.

Your brother had told you when you got home from school the news, you couldn't really come to terms with it straight away so you ran out of the house to Mikes. Eleven was there but mike wasn't, you knew it was okay though.

You walked to the basement door and did the secret knock you had made up for the group of you. She looked through the window and saw you so she opened it with a confused look on her face.

"2:13?" She said

"Yeah sorry El, I didn't want to be on my own" I smiled at her.

She looked at me confused but sat down next to me on the couch. We sat there for a while until Mike came home from school.

"You okay Y/N and El?" He said when he came through the door.

I got up and hugged him, I didn't want to talk about anything so a hug was the easiest way. I felt mike turn his head to look at Eleven and guessed he was giving her a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" He whispered to me.

I let go and sat down, I realised that I probably should tell someone.

"My parents were in a car accident" I choked out before

"What's car accident?" el asked.

"You know what a car is?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well it's when a car looses control or in this case gets hit with another car and people get hurt and can die" I started sobbing having to explain and El hugged me.

"Are they okay?" Mike asked and I shook my head in El's shoulder.

She pulled us backwards so we were cuddled up and carried on talking to Mike. At some point I fell asleep because I don't remember much else.

Mikes P/O/V -

I watched as they were cuddled up on the basement couch. They looked so peaceful together it was crazy. Anyone who knew them or had seen them together could practically see the connection.

It didn't really matter than Eleven didn't understand what was going on but she knew that Y/N was hurt and needed to comfort her.

"Mike what do I feel?" Eleven asked staring at Y/N's face.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel something"

"Love?" I asked and she looked at me.

"It's when you have an overpowering feeling for someone and you'd do anything for them" I explained.

She looked up then back at Y/N.

"Love" she smiled and it warmed my heart.

I thought it was cute