Chapter 1 - Opposites

Hey guys so this is my first story and I hope you guys like it! 🎈

Chapter 1 - Opposites

Laura's P.O.V

Vanessa, my older sister, dropped me by in school. It wasn't really my day since it's all gonna be the same. Books, lectures, bullying... But I wanted to graduate, so I closed the door of the car and waved goodbye to my sister who had just wished me luck.

I entered inside the school's doors and I noticed that there were two people whispering while looking at me. A young, tall, blonde boy whom was known as the most popular student in school, Ross Lynch. And a brunette who's always with him. Well, she is known as his girlfriend... Maia Mitchell.

They were the most popular kids in school and they bully people... People like me. I heard words like "loser" and "nerd"... But I ignored them and continued walking down the hallway.

While walking, I suddenly bumped into someone and dropped my books. God I'm so clumsy...

I looked up and saw a tall, blonde. Riker. He was Ross's older brother. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Laura!" he told me with a panicked tone in his voice. He knew my name. "It's fine." I accepted his apology with a polite smile.

Riker's P.O.V

I was walking down the hallway and accidentally bumped into someone.

A short, brunette with amber highlights on the tips of her curly hair. Laura. Laura Marano. The girl Ross has been talking about. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Laura!" I told her with a panicked voice. "It's fine." she said with a polite smile. Was this the definition of 'rude' to Ross? Laura seems like a nice girl...

I helped her pick up her books and she spoke up, "Well, I have to go to class. See you later?" "Sure, sit together in the cafeteria?" I asked. "Why not?" She giggled and we both said our goodbyes then going on to our next class.

Laura's P.O.V

While going to my next class, I kept on wondering why Riker wasn't like Ross. He was like the opposite of him.

I forgot about it and just continued walking to class. I sat on my usual seat which was at the back.

Next to me was a girl with black and curly hair named Raini, I think? And next to her was a red head named Calum.

She then notices that I was looking at her. I must've been staring for awhile... So I quickly looked away and looked at Ms. Dawson instead.

"Hi, my name is Raini." I heard her whisper. "Laura." I smiled. "This is Calum." she pointed at the red head. He waved at me, I waved back. "Wanna eat together during lunch?" Raini whispered. "Sure, you can meet my other friend Riker." I nodded.

She nodded and we listened to Ms. Dawson.

30 minutes later

The bell rang and it was finally lunch time. I was with Raini and Calum. I saw Riker and I waved.

We sat next to him and there was a silence.

"Riker this is Raini and Calum" I broke the silence. "Hello" Raini and Calum said. "Hey" Riker replied.

We were talking about stuff and getting along well then suddenly I felt wet, liquid on top of my head.

When I turned around, it was Ross and Maia pouring water on me. They were laughing and I ran to the bathroom.

Riker's P.O.V

Laura ran to the bathroom and I stood up to Ross.

"What's your problem?!" I yelled at him. "Why are you even defending that nerd?" He said.

"She didn't do anything to you. You changed a lot Ross since the day you and that freak started dating. I want the old Ross back" I told my younger brother.

"You are not the boss of me and don't talk to Maia that way!" He yelled. "I'm your older brother and don't you dare talk to me that way!" I yelled back.

He looked at me pissed and walked away.

Raini's P.O.V

Riker and Ross were yelling at each other while me and Calum were just standing there awkwardly.

Ross and Maia walked away and Riker came to us. "Is Laura okay?" He said.

"Nope. Her top is really wet and she doesn't have an extra top" I replied. "We have to go to the lost and found to look for a top for her" Riker pulled us to the lost and found.

We were searching a right top for Laura and I found the perfect one for her. A red tank top with glitters on it that says "Get some sleep" in white bold letters. "Found one!" I told the two.

They nodded their head in agreement and we ran to the bathroom and gave the top to Laura.

Laura's P.O.V

I was cleaning myself up and realized my top was so wet.

Someone knocked and when I opened it, it was Raini with a red tank top with glitters and it says "Get some sleep" in white bold letters. "Thank you sooo much Raini!"

I took the top from her and got dressed. I came out and we heard the bell ring.

It was time for our next class.

So we got our books needed and and went to class. Again, Raini and Calum were in the same class as I am.

30 minutes later

Ross' P.O.V

The bell rang and we saw that nerd again. Aka, Laura. "Beep beep" I made a sound.

I got my phone and told her "It says nerd alert" Maia and the others laughed our heads off.

Laura- I mean the nerd came to us. "Hey doof, you shut up cause I don't give a damn thing" and she walked away.

Laura's P.O.V

"Hey doof, you shut up cause I don't give a damn thing" I stood up to Ross and walked away.

I can't believe I stood up to Ross! I thought. I came home and shouted "Vanessa I'm home!". "I'm in the kitchen" I heard her say.

I went to the kitchen and saw her cooking soup. "So, how did school go?" She asked. "It was fine... I guess." I replied unsurely. "Laura... What happened?" She whines.

"Nothing really. I'm going to my room anyways, I'm not hungry." "You sure?" She put her hand on my shoulder. "Yes, now if you excuse me I'm going to my room." I walked upstairs and took a nap.

Ross' P.O.V.

I came home and sneaked to my room so that no one would know I was here.

But when I got there, my older brother was sitting on my bed. Aka, Riker.

"What do you want?!" I whisper yelled.

"Uhm, I want a LOT of things. First, I want the old Ross back. Second, I want you to break up with that jerk aka Maia. And third, I want you to stop being mean to Laura! I mean, what did she ever do to you? What if you took her spot and everyone does the same thing you do to her. How would you feel huh?" He yelled at me.

Good thing it didn't wake up the people in the house.

But I thought of what Riker said and I was speechless. "That's what I thought" he walked out and slammed the door which caused me to jump a little.

I stripped to my boxers and laid down on my bed.

I kept thinking on what he told me. I was thinking too much that I didn't realize I was falling asleep already.

---------------------------------------

So this is my first story and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! 😘

Please comment and vote! 💖

Do you think Ross has second thoughts for Laura? 😱

Find out when you continue reading 😉

Byee! ✋