CHAPTER 12

Shateria

Who would have thought that I would be going through some shit like this? I sat watching TJ leave wanting to follow behind and not look back. There was something about Christian that made me stay and hear him out I do owe him that much at least.

"Shateria baby you have to believe that I love you baby. I didn't want you to find out this way."

"So, were you ever going to tell me? Huh? Or was you going to wait until I never ended up pregnant. I talk to you about how much I wanted kids and you were going along with it like you could give me some."

"I'm sorry baby yeah I should have been told you. When we first went out I almost did but something stop me. Something told me that you would act the way that you are now."

"No Christian I am acting like this because the I love is not the same person. All these damn years Chris. You had too many chances to tell me the truth but you didn't. you have no idea how many nights I cried because your ass wasn't here. No, you were somewhere laying up hurting. I could have been there Chris rather I agreed with you or not I loved you enough to be there for you."

"Loved? So, you're saying that you don't love me any more Shateria."

"I love you Chris but honestly right now no I can't say that I'm in love with you. How could I be when I barley no you you're not the Christian I thought you were."

"This doesn't change the way I feel about you and I shouldn't change the way you feel either."

"You don't get it you lied Chris you lead me on. You had me feeling lonely doubting myself as a woman. Thank GOD for TJ he loves me he never lied to me."

"So, you're leaving me for him?"

"I mean Christian how could you think I would stay? I will be to Candy house I will be back to get my things." I told him as I got up from the couch and walked out the door. I started to smile when I saw TJ leaning against his car when I walked out the door.

"Now you know damn well I wasn't going to leave you here baby. You alright?"

"Yeah I'm good baby. Can you take me to Candy's house?"

"Why are you going there? Nah you are coming with me. Get your sexy ass in the car." TJ told me slapping me on the ass as I got in the car.
Shateria
Eight months later...

"I don't understand why you have to leave Tevin I mean we haven't really spent that much time together baby. I'm really starting to rethink us being together."

"Look baby don't worry you little head. You know that my dad is still a little hurt about you leaving him for me. Especially with ya'll divorce being finalized. He keeps sending me out of town to check on the crews down there."

"That's another thing TJ I really don't like the fact that you're getting your hands dirty behind your dad. I can have the baby any day now. What if you're not here TJ? I don't want to have this baby by myself."

"And you won't baby. I am going to be here if it kills me."

"Why couldn't you have gotten a job working in the office downtown? I thought that what you were talking about when you told me that you are going to work for your dad baby."

"I wanted to but he and I thought I would be a better fit out there since I had my hands in a lil something when I was younger. Come on bae don't stress I don't want my little girl to come out with 6 toes and crossed eyed."

"Stop playing TJ I am serious."

"I know that you are baby but for real stop worrying baby everything is going to be ok. I am going to make this run to Miami and I have one more next weekend. I told my dad that will be the last one because I have to be here for you baby" TJ said rubbing my big pregnant baby.

"I am trying baby I am. I guess its these hormones I just hate when you have to leave me."

"I don't like it either baby I will call you when I get to Miami. That must be Dan." He said we a car horn blew outside their home.

"I'm going to miss you baby. Please be careful." I said giving TJ a kiss as he grabbed his overnight bag and left out the house.

- Maybe he's right I don't have anything to worry about. I just hate this I really think that Christian is trying to break us up. He said that he's not mad about it anymore but I really think that he is lying about that. I can see the way he still looks at me when he does see me and TJ together. Now who is this I thought when I heard the doorbell go off. I waddled my pregnant self to the door it was a delivery man. He stood to the door with the most beautiful edible arrangement that I have seen. Aww TJ so sweet he knows how much I love these edible arrangements. Started to feel a little better as I carried the arrangement in the house with a smile on my face as I read the card attached.

-You think this is over. You can't get rid of me that easy. I will have you again.

-C.

I dropped the card as my heart felled to my stomach. Christian is not going to let me go.