3 - Denial

Third person P.O.V

Daniel starred blankly at the ceiling of his apartment, he couldn't shake off the image of you. He was grinning when he remember your smile and clumsy act, then your troubled face popped out, snapped him back to reality.

"What.is.going.on.here? I.can't.sleep. And.I.can't.stop.thinking.about.her" he said slowly, word by word, as he was trying to digest the situation.

"Aaarrrghhh. Why did you follow her Daniel, whyyy? Shit, I don't like this. I have to get myself together. Let's just sleep, and I'm sure, tomorrow I won't even remember that I saw any of that." he said as he forced himself to sleep.

The next day, Daniel already felt better. He still remember some memories of you, but he quickly shook it off when they reappeared.

He rode his bike downtown to meet his friends. They had lunch in a cozy restaurant. They sat in the outdoor area because the weather was really nice. He was having a great time, until he saw you. "You've got to be kidding me" he said inside his mind. He tried not to look at you, but he couldn't. He saw you helped some kids crossing over the road in front of the restaurant.

"What are you grinning about Daniel?" one of his friend asked.

"What? Nothing" he didn't realize he was grinning. Then they continued talking until he saw you panicking, after safely helped the kids. You suddenly crossed over the road without looking. You fell, but got up right away, then ran to stop an elderly from eating food from a trash can.

"Dude, seriously, are you okay? Why are you making a fist?" one of his friend asked him.

"Huh?" he replied, then he saw he was clenching his hand tightly. He didn't know why, but he was mad.

"I'm sorry guys, I think I need to go. Let me pay for this one" he said then quickly settle the bill before he ran to get you. But suddenly he stopped when he got close enough, and once again decided to follow you. He saw you gave some money from your pocket to the elder, and you asked her to promise not to eat the food from the trash can. Once the elder promised, you got up and bowed to her before you left.

You were slightly limping, but you kept walking. He saw you walk very carefully when you cross path with kids, while placing your palms towards them. "What is she doing?" Daniel asked. Suddenly someone bumped into a kid and you quickly catch him in your palms and helped him got back up. "Ah, so that's the reason, clever" he said grinning.

"What are you doing Daniel? Why are you following her again? Shit!" he cursed as he stopped, once he realized what he was doing.

End of Third person P.O.V

In the race track, there weren't a lot of people compare to last time. I guess they all came just for Daniel, his popularity is amazing. Thanks to him, I won a lot last time.

"I guess he's not coming today" I said slightly disappointed.

Then all of a sudden, I saw a familiar bike and figure coming to the track. It was Daniel, he wore an unbuttoned plaid red shirt with black v neck tee underneath and ripped black jeans revealing some of his chest and thigh muscles. Then I saw his gorgeous face in dark silver hair as he removed his helmet. He looked dazzling.

"No! I can't afford to like someone, let alone Kang Daniel. Get a grip (y/n)!" I said as I slapped my cheek lightly.

Third person P.O.V

"Hey! What a surprise, what are you doing here? Why didn't you tell us that you're coming?" one of the crew asked him.

"Can I still race though?" he asked while saying "Exactly, why are you here Daniel?" in his mind.