Godly Parents

Percy's POV

Annabeth held the last two drachmas.

"What do you think your father will say?" She asked nervously.

"To be honest," I told her. "I have no idea."

"Well we're about to have and idea," She said, taking a deep breath. "O Iris, accept my offering and show me Poseidon." The air wavered in front of us.

"Dad?" I asked. The Iris-message showed a man in a Hawaiian shirt and a short-trimmed brown haircut with glittering sea green eyes.

"Ah, Percy!" He said, his eyes twinkling.

"Um, hi Poseidon." Annabeth murmured.

"Hello Annabeth. It is good to see you." He said politely.

"Hey dad," I said. "We have some big news." I told him, reaching for Annabeth's hand.

"Okay," Poseidon said cautiously. "What is it?"

"Well," I told him. "Annabeth is pregnant." I waited for Poseidon to get angry.

"That is wonderful!" He exclaimed, his eyes shining even brighter.

"You-you're not mad?" I asked.

"Well," Poseidon said. "Just because I do not like Annabeth's mother doesn't mean I have anything against Annabeth."

"Oh," Annabeth said. "I thought-"

"That I didn't like you because of your parentage? It's true I don't like Athena but as long as you love Percy," Poseidon sighed. "I approve." I grinned.

"Thanks dad." I told him. Poseidon nodded.

"However, I cannot say the same for Athena. She is not as accepting as I am." And with that the connection dissolved.

"Ready for Athena?" I asked. Annabeth laughed.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I threw our last drachma into the rainbow.

"O Iris, accept my offering and show me Athena." Athena stood before us, arguing with some god and pointing to a blueprint.

"Mom?" Annabeth squeaked nervously.

"Annabeth," Athena looked surprised, then it turned to a look of loathing when she saw me. "And Percy." She growled.

"We-we have something to tell you." Annabeth stuttered. Athena crossed her arms and glared at me.

"Well," I started to say. "Annabeth is pregnant." Athena's mouth hung wide open.

"Are-are you mad?" Annabeth asked quietly.

"I suppose not," She sighed unhappily. "If Poseidon doesn't mind then I don't want to seem like the crazy in-law." Annabeth blinked.

"Oh," She said, her smile returning. "That's great." Annabeth said, now grinning.

"Don't get used to it." Athena scowled, then burst into a column of flames.

"Well," Annabeth said. "That went better than I thought it would."

****************************************
So close to 2k! Thank you so much!

💖💖B3💖💖