●Chapter four●

Ms Blade!' The voice screamed. I recognised it as Tanaka's driver, typical. Then shortly after the five loud bangs on my door I heard it open.

I ran to the bathroom and shut the door then supported it with my weight. I was completely aware that they had the strength to bust the door open. I just need some time to think.

'Oh you've got to be kidding me.' Tanaka exclaimed.

I didn't respond to their countless callings. I had to get out of here, soon and I was determined to put up a fight.

'Blade, love, listen to me....' I could sense him coming. Hesitation. 'Why are you stalling?' he asked. His tone was brotherly, like he really cared. Clearly he knew what he was doing. 'Blade!' Tanaka tried again. Then something he asked fully processed in my mind. Why was I stalling? This was my job. When Jacob said jump, I asked how high. Well this time it seemed he wanted me to jump billionaire high. That's not a problem is it? Why should it be?

I unlocked the door and walked out with my hands up. 'What, I wanted to use the potty.' I said cheekily. Tanaka squinted, clearly not impressed. I heard a soft chuckle come from his drive behind him. He got the joke.

'Let's go.' Tanaka ordered. He pointed his driver towards my bags and he picked both of them up with no complaint. He walked out of my apartment following Tanaka. I took one more glance at my apartment and removed a piece of paper in my back pocket. I slid it under a vase I kept next to my door for umbrellas. I made sure to lock the door as I walked out and checked it, twice. By the time I got to Tanaka's limo he was already seated inside checking something on his phone. The door was opened just waiting for me to enter. I took one glance at Tanaka's driver; he gave me a forced smile and motioned towards the open door. I took one step and slid onto the black leather. The door banged shut. The driver got in started the car and the vehicle was in motion. This was going to be fun. I said sarcastically to myself.

****

Tanaka's house was not as big as I had anticipated it to be. It was a modern bungalow, black and white in colour. White walls with black metal ferns climbing up to the black tile roof. The front doors were double doors with silver handles: round and full like the moon. It looked like a pleasant house, a family house. It made me reconsider who I was with.

When I met Tanaka, Jacobs told me he was my new assignment. This usually meant I had to kill him but why? Jacobs always gave me an explanation, motive if you will. He found ways of making me hate the victims of my crimes and after a while I even stated to forget to ask for reason. I would just push the knife in and feel satisfied that I had done good for myself and Jacobs. Then again... my victims never took me home and made me pack my bags pretty much moving me out of my apartment. My victims didn't speak to Jacobs at all. Some of them didn't even know who he was. But with Tanaka, something was different.

He had a calmness that made me feel uneasy. If he knew who I was and what my job description entailed why hadn't I been briefed already? Why was I here , being welcomed in his house and why had Jacobs called him my assignment if Tanaka was the one who was supposed to give me those?

The doors to the house automatically swung open as Tanaka and I stood in front of them. A lady, Asian, slim probably in her thirties. She smiled at me and took Tanaka's coat. He simultaneously removed his shoes and she took those too. Tanaka proceeded into the house towards the kitchen I presumed while I directed my attention to the maid who stood there staring at me. I looked at her feet and noticed her bare toes on the wooden floor. I had to remove my shoes as well. I stared hard at the woman who smiled at me and introduced herself to me as Gin. She told me not to worry; she'd keep my dirty, decade old takkies safe.

My feet felt extremely weird on the shiny wooden floor beneath me as I headed in the same direction that Tanaka did.

'Hey, when are you planning to give me my phone back?' I yelled just as I entered into the kitchen. I halted at The sight of an elderly woman. Not much older than 60 at most. Her skin was milky and tanned, mixed race, I thought; just like Tanaka-but darker. She had red hair and smiled as she saw me. I actually felt a little shy standing in front of her kind eyes. I have no idea why.

'Gray, you brought a young lady home? How lovely.' She said with recognisable excitement in her voice.

'Mum. Please, not now.' Tanaka replied softly. He gently gestured for the woman to leave the room. She did at once with a both naughty and proud smile on her face. Her forefinger in between her teeth, it looked like she was planning something. It was refreshing to see such pure joy. I snapped my attention back to Tanaka who looked a little embarrassed.

'So, you still live with your mum?' I smirked. He didn't response. Instead he grabbed the white mug that was on the table and walked out of the room.

..................................
A/n
*tell me what you think of these next couple chapters*