●Chapter Nine●

I think a lot about the way Shaun and I became friends. How my life had been so botched for so long and hadn't a clue. This whole mess began when I was very young. By the time I was 13, I had killed one man. That time it wasn't a mission, it was an accident but that accident is the same thing that made Jacobs want to be close to me. He liked my fire and where my anger could take me. Shaun had said that he would spend the rest of his life fighting to change me. He hadn't won yet.

WHERE R U?

AROUND.

'Who's that?' Tanaka said as he crept up behind me. 'Shaun.' He read.

'Oh would you look at that he can read.' I said sarcastically. The chuckled and I walked about from him.

We were at an event. I was not sure exactly what I was doing here or what I was going to do but I had no choice but to be there. Tanaka wore a black suit with a black tie. His shoes black suede. His full black and sable matched the black chiffon dress his mother had pulled out of her 'old closet'. It had a huge slit at the thigh which according to her and Tanaka did a great job showing off my lovely legs. Like Tanaka I wore black suede flats with little bows at the tip.Sickening.

'Do you see that elderly man over there?' Tanaka said. I nodded. 'Good keep an eye on him and let me know if you notice anything.'

'Seriously?' I asked. It was his turn to nod. It was my natural to presume that whoever that man was, he was a threat to Tanaka and was most probably working under cover, no matter how old he looked.

It had been close to three hours. Tanaka had chosen to keep within five metres of me and glanced in my direction every few minutes. I watched him point some people's attention towards me. I was not sure what I was to do so I smiled and nodded politely. A couple others came over to speak to me and I put maximum effort into a real long conversation. At times when I was left alone I thought of ways to strike Tanaka. It was going to be harder now than ever. Firstly he knew I had tried to do it, which spelt out extra protection around his person. Secondly I was living with him; I hadn't planned out an escape plan. He had me on missions of his own. I wondered if Jacobs knew I was here. If he was watching. I was sure he was. He never left me alone, ever. But I was loyal and he knew that. Still he watched me.

A few minutes passed while I was deep in thought. Tanaka had used these minutes to close in on me. I suddenly felt a hand on my back and a slow and calm whisper on my ear saying 'Let's go take our seats.' I didn't reply. I simply began moving my feet and allowed him to lead me.

'Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.' The man I had been watching all night stood centre stage and spoke into the mic in front of him. He wore a huge smile and held his hands out wide in a welcoming way. As he greeted his guests I noticed the way Tanaka was smiling widely. He seemed pleased and very excited. I felt as if he was waiting for something he knew was about to happen. I looked around to see if any movement was taking place. Negative, everyone was seated completely still, listening carefully to the man who still hadn't said his name. I assumed it was because everyone here already knew his name, everyone except me that is.

I noticed a little bit of commotion in the background. I looked to see a laser light coming from the high window above. I suddenly knew why I was here and what Tanaka had been waiting for. We were here to witness an assassination. The only question was what had this man done that deserved such.

'So tell me, what did he do?' I asked, trying to seem amused.

'Oh my dear Blade, I thought you'd be smarter than that. Don't tell me you don't even recognise your own friends.' He said.

I didn't not understand what he meant by my own friends. I turned my eyes back onto the stage. I was now as excited as Tanaka. The old man noticed me looking then looked at Tanaka whose was look down at his phone and his smile faded. He stammered a little mid-sentence then got back to his speech. He continued to look our way and I wondered how well he and Tanaka knew each other. I turned back to look for the laser light and it had disappeared. I was no longer sure what I was anticipating, but I knew it was going to be good. The old man finished up and began walking off the stage. He tripped and fell flat to his face which was followed by a hug gasp from the audience. Graham jumped out of seat and ran to attend to the man. I followed.
He spun the seemingly unconscious man around onto his back. He reached for his neck. I assumed he was check for a pulse. Instead, Graham simply pressed really hard at the sides of the man's face. There was blurriness in my eyes because a bright light shine from him. He shook violently then the man's face changed.

'Whoa.' I said instantly. I was absolutely intrigued as were the rest of the guests that stood around us, but it wasn't long until I got a good look at the unmasked man of the stage floor.
'SHAUN?'

***

A/n
Although she says she killed a man at 13, she began working for Anthony way before. This will be elaborated later on in the story.also if any of you are wondering why she hasn't killed anyone else or why you haven't seen much "action" so to speak, it is because the story revolves around Amanda's last kill and how it affects her doing her job afterwards. What is it about that last kill that makes her start considering other's feelings and question herself before acting? The old Amanda wouldn't think twice.Gray Tanaka would be dead by now, so why isn't he?

Find out next time on...😂😂 nah I'm just messing. Though seriously, The story is about to get real spicy.I'll see you next week. Xx