●Chapter five●

A/N *this is the band I was listening to when I wrote the next few chapters, enjoy *

.

.....................

I clearly remembered checking the time but I did not remember what the watch had read. Nonetheless I knew that I had to work quickly or I'd get caught. Tanaka seemed very guarded and if I exceed the time needed I would never make the mission.

His room was at the end of the hall from mine. In between, his mother's and the toilet. My steps were careful and quiet. I reached his door, held it and twisted the handle ever so slowly. It opened easily and I pushed it and stepped in. I looked over to the large bed that was at my right and to my surprise there was no one in bed. The sheets were ruffled and almost rolling to the floor so someone had clearly been in there. The room was lit up by the lights that shone through the curtain from the outside. I headed to the large glass door at the far end of the room and stood next to white curtains. I could hide by the wall because they were a dark colour, black in the dark.

A door slid open close to where I stood. A woman walked out, giggling. Oh great, a witness. I thought. I knew I had two choices; either to kill her too or blame it on her.

I watched Tanaka place his hand over her mouth and push her to his bed. I rolled my eyes and flinched. He threw himself next to her and pulled the covers over the both of them. I began walking towards the bed, in my previous pace, slow and careful. I reached for my left earphone and my knife in my boot. I pressed play. I was close. The giggling returned and I froze. Tanaka froze too and lifted his head.

'What's wrong?' the girl asked. He didn't answer her. Instead he used his elbow for support and steadied himself giving me a profile view. I knew he couldn't smell me. I didn't wear any perfume, ever. Also I had absolutely no body odour. Another gift. Lost Lonely Boys shook my eardrums and I smiled knowing that this was going to be any easy one.

I took a step back against the wall as Tanaka rolled out of his bed. 'What's wrong?' the girl repeated. I turned up the volume in my ear. Tanaka stared in my direction, as if he could see me. Could he see me? I doubt it. He stood and started walking over. I slid to my right towards the bathroom for every step he stood. One, two, three, I counted each one. Very abruptly he took a large leap and grabbed my arm. I guess he could see me. He spun me around and held me close to his bare chest. I felt his lips move on my earlobe but I couldn't hear what he was saying. He walked with me swiftly towards the bathroom and closed the door locking it as he threw me onto the tiled floor. He switched the light on and I saw his furious face. 'What the fuck are you doing?' I read his lips. Then I reached for his leg, pulled it towards me and he fell to the floor where I was hitting his head on the door. I aimed to plunge my knife at his chest but he moved I struck his arm. He flinched and screamed so loud I could hear it past my music. He reached for my arm but I ran to the other side of his toilet and stood on the chamber. I noticed the blood that was spilling from his arm.

He stood up and started walking towards me. I tried to jump to the bathroom tub but my leg slipped and my foot fell into the chamber, my mp3 player falling with it. I pulled the earphones out of my ear and pulled my foot out the toilet. The was a knock on the door.

'Babe...' A voice said.

Tanaka motioned silence by placing his finger on his lips. He walked back towards the door and said, 'I'm alright sweets, just slid, I'll be right back.' The girl giggled and walked away from the door. How stupid was she? I asked myself. Tanaka breathed out and I kicked him in the shins. He fell to his knees and hissed like a snake.

'Would to stop that already?' he whispered. 'You're not here to kill me. Damn!'

'I'm your boss right now Blade, that's what Jacobs meant when he said I was your new assignment!' I watched him press the white drying towel hard on his arm attempting to stop the blood flow. 'Gosh if I knew you were this blunt I would have never believed you were Jacob's best.'

'What?' I said, managing to sound like a complete idiot.

'Best Assassin. Am I going to have to spell everything out for you Blade, if so then go home.'

'I can't, you kidnapped me remember' I said recalling the things I had left behind. He looked up at me and smirked, forgetting the obvious pain he was in for a moment. I decided to remind him by pointing to the bloody cut on his arm, 'I'm sorry for trying to kill you, good night.'

I hopped over him and slid the door open again and walked out. I had forgotten about the young naked lady spending the night with Tanaka. Her gasp came as surprising to me as my presence in the room was to her. She did not sound mad neither was she curious and so she didn't question a thing. She simply gasped and that was all. My current situation confused me a lot and I was even more unsure exactly what I was doing here. I suddenly remembered Tanaka saying something about having me kill 50 important people. He couldn't possibly have been serious about that could he? I had to call Jacobs.

I made a turn and headed back to Tanaka's room. I didn't sneak in this time. I swung the door open and stood in front of him with my hands on my hips.

'Oh fuck, why don't we just have a flipping threesome already the way you keep walking in!' he exclaimed.

I paid attention to the way the young girl, whom I now noticed was blonde, held on to his arm while he tried to cover up their indecent bodies.

'Is there any chance that I might be getting my phone back any time soon?' I asked.

'Your what?'

'My phone...' I repeated. I sure he heard me the first time but still I said it once more to clarify. 'You took it from me yesterday on the stairs of Anthony.'

'Oh right, it's in my study...help yourself.'

I think I must've ran to the right side of the house following Tanaka's directions. When I reached the door I was almost not surprised. It was locked. I breathed out in frustration putting my head in my hands. I was tired, and the fatigue decided to hit me all at once as I sat down leaning on the door.

I am sure my eyes were closed, because I don't remember seeing anything. I just heard footsteps and they were coming at me fast.