●Chapter Eleven●

For @Danmension , thank you <3

***

It did not surprise me that my apartment door had been fixed while I was away. I knew that no questions were asked. No questions were ever asked when it came to the people who worked for Anthony. All anyone really knew was that it was the tallest building in our small town, it was on the news almost always but what happened in the company itself, no one knew... including the staff that worked there. All 578 of them. Jacobs once told me he worked with the government and it was an inborn sense that you would not get an answer past that statement.

I stood naked in my bathroom, the floor was filthy. Entering the shower I acknowledged how heavy my heart felt. I had Tanaka's voice ringing in my head saying the same words over and over again. I also acknowledged the fact that I didn't know how I felt about what he said. I didn't know what I was supposed to feel. Shaun couldn't be my brother, I had no siblings, I was sure of that...I was supposed to be sure.

Jacobs usually was my advisor on my emotions, I didn't want to talk to him. I remembered one thing he said to me once; 'if you ever find yourself in a situation where you don't know what to do, say or feel, run...run as far away as you possibly can,' I decided to not pay attention to the fact that the statement ended with ' then call me.' because he was involved. He was part of the problem. The problem I didn't understand. one I didn't know what to do with it, what to say about it or how to feel, so I was going to run... run as far as I possibly can.... then maybe, I'd call him.

I grabbed a pair of old mink sneakers under my bed and put on an old tee shirt and black tights. I grabbed a grey sweater in case it got cold. I headed for my kitchen and grabbed an apple and was on my way out. I remembered I had left something underneath the umbrella vase by my door. It was meant for Shaun to find if I was gone for too long. We had agreed that he'd always go look there if I ever disappeared for two or more weeks without contacting him.

I pushed the vase to the left using my feet and there was nothing there. I lifted the vase to make sure it didn't slide.

Still nothing, that meant he took it. He read my message.

I became aware that the note would not mean anything now since as it were, Shaun already knew of my business with Anthony Works. The note explained where to find me. And a code which he'd use to enter the firm. And what he'd tell the guards and Jacobs once they had assessed him and found him not a threat and he proved he was worthy of meeting with the boss. I began to wonder what ever made me think we would never meet at Anthony where I worked in the first place. I switched off my phone and left it on my bed so that they could not trace me and proceeded out the door. This time I didn't bother locking it...I didn't really care what happened, I didn't plan on coming back.

As I was walking down the stairs I slowed my speed, suspecting that there was a possibility that either Shaun or Tanaka were outside my door. I stopped at the door ready to sprint. Luckily there was no one there. So I took a left and headed to Sunrise. I had no idea where I had to go; my mp3 was broke so I hadn't heard any music than the one in my head. I needed to think about my next move. What did I want to do? The answer I was trying to avoid was the one that kept popping up. I wanted to do what I was raised doing: get even.

I entered Sunrise and headed to the dance floor. I stood there doing absolutely nothing. A remix wild thing was playing. I raised my head and started tapping my feet. A guy grabbed my hand and brought me closer to him. He placed his hand on my hip and started swaying with me. It was being brought here by Shaun years ago, all over again. When the beat dropped we began jumping on the spot, he was laughing and I looked at him without any expression.

'C'mon, you're enjoying this aren't you?' he looked at me and I smiled at him. His care for my happiness and enjoyment for life was a characteristic I knew to have belonged to Shaun and though I was well aware of my emotions towards him, I smiled at the thought.

When the song changed I took his hand. And took him to the back entrance of the club. I smiled at him wider, and kissed him on the lips. 'Ha-ha you're a good time aren't you? 'He said. I giggled. There was only one thing I was good at.

'Mmh something like that...' I raised my hands to his neck and yanked his head upwards. I then pulled all the way through above my head. He made a little noise. I let him drop to the ground I noticed there was a pipe just above the spot where I was standing there was a rope tied on it. I pulled at it then made a knot and attached to this guy's neck: left him hanging. I went back into the club and looked for the bouncer.

When I spotted him I started sprinting, I reached for him and screamed 'Heey, come help. There's someone about to commit suicide out in the back.' I made sure to sound hysterical enough, breathing heavily as if I had been running for a long while.

As he left for the back, I left out the door he had been standing at. I had decided on my actions from here on. I knew what had to be done.