Chapter 14

~Katniss~
It feels so good to be in Peeta's arms again. I can smell him and I feel safe. We turn as we see a hovercraft landing. Coin walks out. That's when I remember. She's working with Snow. I walk towards her, gripping my bow tightly. Coin pulls out a gun and points it to me.

"Honestly, you should of figured it out sooner," she says. I just glare at her. That's when I hear it.

"Katniss?" Someone asks. I turn to my right to see Prim. Prim? What was she doing here?!

"Prim, no!" I yell, running towards her. But it's too late. Coin shoots her. I catch her in my arms, crying. I look up at Coin. Finnick and Haymitch are holding her down. I look back at Prim.

"Can you sing?" she asks, trying not to cry. I nod, still crying.

"Deep in the meadow. Under the willow. A bed of grass. A soft green pillow. Lay down your head and close your eyes. And when they open, the sun will rise," I sing. I see her life pass through her eyes and I hold her close, crying. I will not leave her. Not ever.
————————————————
Three years from now:
I watch as Peeta holds young Prim Rue Mellark. She's so sweet. Like her aunt was. I get tears in my eyes thinking about that day. But I know she'd want me to be happy. And I am. We moved back to District 12 after rebuilding it. Some people live here with us, but it's really just me, Peeta, Haymitch, Finnick, Johanna, Annie, and Effie. I got my happy ending of peace. But Prim will always be in my heart. I love and miss her so much.
————————————————
THE END
All rights go to Suzanne Collins for creating the characters