Chapter 17: He Knew

Chan's POV

I saw Haeji with Jisung. I felt a little jealous. Just a little. I went to grab a drink and saw Reena. I thought she left the school? Weird.

"Hi Chan!" She said. Not falling for that anymore. "Chan! Please! Let's talk..."

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. She grabbed my arm. "Chan look, I know I've done something bad. And I've never been obsessed with a guy like you. I know you like Haeji. But please, give me another chance. I changed!"

"You're sorry? Why me? Why say sorry to me? Apologize to Her not me." I pointed out to Haeji.
"That B*tch?" She said.
"See? And NO you didn't change."
She bowed down. "But how can you like her if she has a boyfriend?"
"I don't care if she has a boyfriend. Because I know her. And I know if she loves someone or not."

Haeji's POV

Nikki drank 5 bottle of alcohol. Like, WOW. I don't drink alcohol. Well that's a good thing. I saw Chan and Reena talking. I didn't know Reena was here. I looked at Jisung and he fell asleep. Awwww how cute.

"Haeji! Want a drink?" She said.
"No thank you! You know I don't drink!" I said.
"Suit yourself!" And she drank even more.
"Come on Haeji! You're no fun! Atleast drink a glass.." Ana, one of my schoolmates, said.
"Hmmm... Fine. But just one!"

10 minutes later...

"Drink! Drink! Drink!"

I feel so dizzy. Everyone was cheering. I drank one more cup. I don't know how many bottles I drank but damn it's good.

Jisung's POV

I woke up. I'm still at the party. Glancing to my right, Haeji was gone. I guess she left. Everyone was still here and I looked at my watch. It's still 7pm. I walked to Nikki to tell her I'm leaving but then I saw Haeji. She looked drunk. But she doesn't drink.

"Okay! Enough!" I said.

I grabbed Haeji as I rested her arm on my shoulder. "Nikki, you know she can't drink. I'll take her home."
Nikki nodded, "Sure dear!"

I walked out as I saw Chan. "Woah, what happened?" He asked.
"Haeji's drunk."
"I see... But she doesn't drink, how is this possible?"
"I think someone made her. Anyways, I'll take her home."

Chan nodded and ran back inside the Party.

Haeji was mumbling something.
"Chan you jerk, stop following me... Don't tickle me... Haha stop doing that..." Is all she said. She was talking about Chan..

Ever since Haeji became my girlfriend. I realized something... As a friend, I know. I know she still likes Chan. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. She's forcing herself to love me because she doesn't want to make me sad. I think I should stop and let her go. Because if she loves someone else, you just have to let her go.

At her house, I knocked on the door. And a beautiful middle-aged woman opened it, "Hello Haeji's Mom." I greeted.
She smiled, "Are you her boyfriend?"

"No. I'm just her friend." I smiled back.

"Oh... Okay. Thanks for bringing Haeji back." She grabbed Haeji and went inside closing the door.

I waved. "Bye Haeji." And walked away going home.