Chapter 18: Let her go

Haeji's POV

I woke up. I don't remember anything that happened last night. All I remember was that I was in the party. I stood up and realized I didn't change my clothes. Oh well.

"Welp, I guess I have to go to school then."

I took a bath and got ready for school. I took the bus since I was too lazy to walk. I finally entered school. I walked to my classroom and took a seat.

I texted Jisung.

To: Jisung💕
Hey.

It took me 2 minutes before he replied.

To: Haeji❤️
Hi :)

To: Jisung💕
I'm bored haha.

To: Haeji❤️
Same.. Oh and can we talk after class?

To: Jisung💕
Sure :)

I put my phone down and took notes. The teacher suddenly announced something, "Today we will have a project and I will pair you all up."

"Nikki and Hyunjin."
"Bea and Reena."
"Jisung and Ana."

Aw I am not paired with Jisung.

"Haeji and Chan."

Great. Just great.

"Your project is to make a script about Romance and Action. Try combining them together. The best script/story will win cash price worth $10,000." She announced.

"Wow. I need to win this."

***

AFTER CLASS. Jisung texted me and said to meet me at school grounds. I walked over to where he said he would be.

"Hey Jisung." I smiled.
"Hi."

He frowned for a moment. "Haeji..." He said.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Tell me the truth... Do you actually love me as a boyfriend?" He asked.
What..?
"Jisung... Ofcourse."
"... Do you still like Chan?"
What kind of questions are these? "No..."
"Tell me the truth."
"No. I don't."
"Haeji. You're forcing yourself. I know you like Chan. That's why I want to break up with you because... I want you to be happy. I don't care if you're happy with someone else. As long as you're happy... I'm happy... Let's... Break up." He smiled.

"Jisung... No... Let's not break up." He looks so sad...

"Let's break up. But remain as friends. Okay?"

I hugged him. "Okay.."

***

I walked out of school. Jisung went ahead. I felt sad for Jisung but like he said. If I'm happy he's happy.

"Haeji!" I turned to see Chan.

"What?" I replied.
He ran to me and stopped. He looks so tired. "About the project... My house or your house?"
"My house. I'm too lazy to walk to your house!"

He sighed, "Fine by me."

TOMORROW. As I was eating breakfast I heard a knock on the door. I quickly opened it.

"Oh, you're early." I said.
He was holding a stack of paper. "Yep."

I took my laptop and walked over to the desk where Chan headed to.
I researched a few stories on the way.

"You're searching it wrong! It's romance and... Horror." He said.
"No it's not! It's romance and... Comedy?"

"Horror!"
"Comedy!"

We fought back and forth as our words echoed in the corners.

"You know what, give me the laptop!"
"No! I'll do it!"

We fought over the laptop as we were typing a bunch of letters.

"Give . It . To . Me--"

Suddenly. The laptop flew and fell on the ground and then Chan accidentally fell over me making an awkward position. His face wad centimeters apart from mine.

We stared at each other for a moment.

"Haeji..." he says, as he comes closer to my face.
I closed my eyes and--

"Haeji! Nikki's here!" My sister budged in out of nowhere and looked at us weirdly. "I'll just... Tell her to come upstairs..." She awkwardly walked away and there was a minute of silence between us.