Chapter 20: Chance

Haeji's POV

I was at the Library reading a book. The book was called, 'Lover's Lane ay Sight'. It ws a nice book. It showed two people who fell in love. It was nice. I remembered my mo, babbling about why I don't have a boyfriend or why I broke up with Jisung.

"Haeji." I heard someone called me. Ofcourse, it's Chan. "I heard about the breaking up with Jisung a few days ago. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you two break up that easily."

I grinned, "It's not your fault. Jisung actually knew I only liked him as a friend. Don't worry."

He smiled. "So, will you go out with me?"

I froze right there. I stopped there for a moment thinking... "Fine. Prove to me that you're responsible at everything for me. And then I'll answer you."

"I will prove it to you. I will."

***

At the classroom. We all presented our works. The story we made will blow your minds.

"Okay class. And the winner is..."

Our ears were all open, finally to find out who won. "Haeji and Chan!"

I stood up, dancing and screaming as we both won $10,000. Then I started to feel the embarrassment as everyone was staring at me. I nervously laughed and sat down. "Yehey...?"

***

"We get $5,000 each." I said.
"You can have $6,000 I can have the $4,000." Chan said, calmly.
"Are you sure?"
"Anything for you."

*Baddump* That made my heart skip a beat... I turned around feeling heat up on my face. God why.

"Haeji?" He made me face him. "Aw, are you blushing? Is it something I said?"
I punched him right in the stomach, "SHUTTTT UPPPP."

"Nope... Not... Talking..."

***

At the Cafe, I drank Coffee with Chan. "Should I treat you cake?" Chan said.
"If you can afford it."

He stood up and went to the counter. As I was waiting, someone texted me. It's Jisung. I miss the times we talked. Usually, we ignored each other after the break up.

Jisung: How are you?
Me: Good.
Jisunh: Good to hear... I miss you... But, I hope you give Chan a chance. He worked harder than I did :)
Me: Miss you too and... Don't worry. I'll handle it.

As I was on the phone Chan appeared with a Slice of Mango Cake. My favorirte. He gave it to me. "And how much did this cost?" I asked.

"Hmmmm... $250.50" He smirked.
"No way?"
"Yes way. Now eat up." He smiled.
"Want a bite?"
"... Yes please." He opened his mouth and I fed him with the Cake.

"You two are a sweet couple." The lady who was cleaning the other table, said.
"Oh no, we're not couples. Just friends." I said.
"Too bad, you two looked cute together."

***

At home me and Chan were watching Horror movies. Usually he was the one who gets scared. He would hug the pillow and scream. I would just scare him which is funny.

"Chan." I called him.
He stopped the Movie. "Hm?"
"Yes."

He made a confused face. "Yes what?"
"I'll go out with you."

His scared face turned into a huge smile as he hugged me happily. "Thank you, Haeji..."