Goddamnit, Miss Schuyler «•Fluff•»

DiamondTheHybrid
I hope that it's okay that I made it historical? I just had that mood.)

The ballroom was dimly lit as two figures glided across its smooth floors. It was 1780. The Schuyler sisters had held a ball at their large mansion.

"So, where did you say you were from, Laurens? Your voice seems to have a southern kick to it." Eliza smiled.

"South Carolina, Miss." Laurens replied. He didn't have anything for Miss Schuyler, but his comrade, Alexander, had asked him to go dance with her and find out a couple of things about his for personal reasons.

"Ah. You are a very good dancer." Eliza complimented, humming.

"Mm," John unconsciously ignored the Schuyler's comment. "Let's hear more about you than me. Hmm?"

~~~~~~~~

"Isn't she so beautiful? Her hair, soft as he finest cotton, her personality, as cheerful as the sun..." Alexander sighed, staring at the woman across the room.

"Whatever you say, William." John said sarcastically.

Alexander blinked. "What?" He asked, completely confused.

"Shakespeare." John deadpanned. You could see the jealousy in his eyes, but unfortunately, Alexander was one of those people who didn't.

"Oh! He was an outstanding writer," Alexander hummed, flashing a nervous smile. He knew something was off, but couldn't put his finger on it. Laurens just seemed annoyed overall.

"I... can sense that you want some space." Alexander furrowed his eyebrows, slowly making his way over to Eliza, who was across the room.

Laurens sighed and chugged down a few pints of Sam Adams. What did Eliza have that Laurens didn't? A beautiful dress? He bet he could fit into one of those. A vagina? Yeah, probably that. Still, he found himself to be much better than Eliza in many ways.

"Goddamnit, Miss Schuyler." Laurens mumbled, leaning against the wall.

Why did love have to be so difficult? Alexander writes 'I love you' to him, and him only, but then runs off with some even richer girl. He swore, Alexander was a gold digger.

But he was understanding. In most cases at least. He smiled sadly.

"Goddamnit, Miss Schuyler, for stealing half of his heart." John muttered. He couldn't do anything. With or without Eliza, they would be hanged for being together.

What was so wrong with two men being together? Was it the fact that they couldn't repopulate? Well, every couple most likely would end up with a child or more, so he didn't see why there could be some couples who were bit different.

After the ball, Alexander and John traveled back to camp together, discussing things like the weather and so forth.

When they got back to their tent, it was awfully silent. Neither said a word. John was resting on their shared cot while Alexander wrote like tomorrow wouldn't arrive like always.

"Hamilton? You should get some rest. We have the whole day tomorrow to work on our essays," John sighed, looking over at the Caribbean man, "Unless you have other plans."

Without even looking up, Alexander replied. "Elizabeth Schuyler invited me to their mansion again tomorrow." He replied dully, too interested into his work.

"Oh." Was all the John could reply with. He turned on his side, facing away from Alexander before he heard footsteps move towards the cot, and a body move next to him, as well as the candle light flickering out, so only darkness could be seen.

John felt arms slowly wrap around his waist.

"Laurens? Is something bothering you?"

The soothing sound of Alexander's voice calmed Laurens down a bit.

"N-No...! It's nothing, Hamilton." John sighed, closing his eyes.

Alexander planted a soft kiss on John's cheek and smiled. "I love you, John."

There was no response. John knew that Alexander meant that in a platonic way.

'Goddamnit, Miss Schuyler. What else do you want from me?'