T'was the night before Christmas «•Fluff•»

(In this, Alex and John are twelve, Philip is four and Alex's little brother, and Alex's older brother, James, is sixteen
And o yeah, Alex's mom is alive and their dad is here for the holidays
And
It's
Historical
Lord help me, I'm making history awkward)

Alexander set the tinder down in the fireplace, smiling softly. It was Christmas Eve and the Laurens family was over for a double family thingy or something. Alexander didn't know.

"Xander, How does fire come out of that?"

The voice startled him, but Alex quickly relaxed when he realized it was just Philip. His four year old brother.

Philip had always insisted on calling Alexander 'Xander', since most people just called him Alex, Lex, Lexi, and so on. It seemed unique to him.

"Well, you have to get special stones and hit them against each other, and that creates a spark, which creates fire." Alex explained, beaming.

"I bet they'll have things that make it easier to do that in the future." John Laurens laughed from across the room. The Laurens's were there for the holidays and both boys were overjoyed. Whenever John was over, they would cuddle up by the fireplace and wake up together on Christmas Morning.

The presents under the tree would always make them extremely happy. Mostly Philip.

"I suppose," Alex shrugged. "Johnny, what do you want for Christmas?"

"Hmm," John was silent for a couple of moments. He looked like he was about to answer, but was cut off by James, Philip and Alex's brother.

"I'd vote world peace if I were ya, John." The eldest Hamilton chuckled.

"Jemmy James!" Philip giggled, running up to give his 'dear, sweet' brother a hug.

"Hey, Pip." James smiled.

Once the two brothers leg go of each other, James hurdled over the couch and landed gently on it. "Who wants to hear a story about Kris Kringle?!"

"I do!"

"I do, I do!"

"I dooo! HEY! Boy, ya got me helpl-" John stopped singing when he noticed everyone staring at him. "N-Never mind."

"Anyway... Go ahead, James." Alex messed with John's hair and laid down on the same couch, cuddling into him.

"Aww- I mean, ahem." James cleared his throat:

Santa is not real
For if he was
He would be in jail for multiple charges
Such as
Invasion of private property
Attempted Pedophillia
And just watching people sleep, which I guess counts as extreme harassment

The whole room was silent.

"C'mon, guys! That story is my best one yet!" James clapped for himself and laughed.

Alex pulled Philip close and hugged him tightly. Philip had that look on his face that just told you that he wasn't okay.

John and Alexander exchanged looks before looking back at James.

"What's the matter with you, James! You don't tell that kind of story to a four year old!" Alexander scolded, tightening his hug on Philip. "Not to mention that John and I still believe!"

"Wow, you people have no fucking taste." Alexander made sure to cover Philip's ears at the right time.

James huffed and rolled his eyes, getting up and walking off to go find Rachel and James A., their parents.