Pretty Rocks «•Fluff•»

"Please? At least just come for the ride?"

"No! Non! No! Nein!"

"I only needed one language, thanks." John puffed out his cheeks in amusement.

Alexander stood there, his arms crossed. John had been trying to persuade him to go to the beach for the last three weeks and today was no different.

"I just don't get it! You need to take a break, and this is one way to help you relax a bit." John crossed his arms, chuckling at his boyfriend's childish attitude, "But, I'm not going to force you. Hey! There might be some pretty colored rocks there." He suddenly brought up, which immediately caught Alexander's attention.

The smaller boy ran inside as quickly as he possibly could, resulting in a raised eyebrow from John. He shrugged it off and continued to load the car.

A few minutes later, John's fabulous boyfriend came back outside, wearing swimming trunks and a shirt.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Alexander giggled.

John smiled, closing the trunk, but stopped in his tracks as he was about to get into the car.

"'Lexi? Why do you have so many towels?" John asked, raising an eyebrow. Now, Alex had done some weird stuff before, but this was new. "We have beach chairs, y'know. And you only need one towel to dry off. I'd understand two towels, but that many?"

Alexander looked over at his shoulder for a moment before muttering, "I like towels."

"Okay then..." John shook his head and got into the driver's side and started up the car.

Alexander hopped in the passenger's side and took out his Phone, immediately beginning to play the Heathers soundtrack.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! HONEY, WHATCHA WAITIN' FORRR, STEP INTO MY CANDY STOOOOORE-" Alexander sang loudly, not caring if John had to concentrate.

After a half an hour of this, John almost lost it. He began to sing along because that would make it more enjoyable for himself.

"YOU MAKE MY BALLS SO BLUEEE!"

"YOU HURT THEM BADLY!"

"YOU MAKE MY BALLS SO BLUEEEE!"

"THEY'RE HANGING SADLY!" Alex screeched at the top of his lungs.

"We're almost there, so we should stop." John laughed and pulled over into a parking spot. "So, the goal is, we hide when the beach closes about two hours from now and we can enjoy ourselves without any distraction!"

Alexander nodded nervously, getting out of the car. "Let's just get this over with." He opened the trunk and helped his boyfriend unpack.

John, unfortunately, was left with all the heavy items. The beach wasn't too far away from the actual docks where smaller boats came in. Laurens has been planning this thing for almost a few months. He had always been a rebellious person and this was just a everyday rebellious thing for him.

The two slowly crept to the docks and hid out. The sun was already setting on the water so they sat and watched silently.

Every so often, they were forced to move if they didn't want to get caught, but it didn't seem to bother John one bit.

When everyone except for Alexander and John were gone, the fun began. John hopped up and grabbed Alexander's hand, helping him up.

Alexander just stared at the water as if it was burning acid.

John noticed how Alex seemed a bit jumpy at the sight of water and kneeled down, running his hands through it, "See? The water's nice." He grinned.

"L-Laurens... n-no..." Alexander began to shake. This only bewildered John. Alexander loved the water. He lived in it, even. He only became this way earlier in the month.

"C'mon, Lex-" John splashed a bit at Alexander's foot in an attempt to show him that we was freaking out about nothing. He had never expected Alexander to be this way anytime soon.

He definitely didn't expect him to dive in head first either.

"ALEX! FUCK-" John was about to go right after him until he saw two chocolate brown eyes.

"S-Sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't even begin to cut it! You don't just go an dive into the ocean, Dude!"

Alexander looked down and John sighed.
"J-Just... Get out of the water, okay...?"

The smaller boy responded by backing away slowly.

"That's it!" John growled, jumping in. He grabbed Alexander's hand only to feel something a tiny bit slimy and scaly brush up against his leg.

He fought Alex all the way back to the dock and sat him down, studying him.

"Alex, why didn't you-"

"I didn't want you to leave me!" Alexander exclaimed, looking as if he were about to just burst out in tears.

"Hey, Hey... shh... I'm not going to leave you... you're beautiful just the way you are." John cooed softly, sitting up next to him, "How about we go back to the beach once you change back and look for some pretty rocks? I know you like the blue-ish ones."

"I'd like that..."

John had never questioned how this happened. He never planned to. He only cared about Alexander. Fins and all.

(Sorry it's crappy-)