Dream «•Angsty Fluff•»

(Don't you just love The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl? Also, kind something while I'm writing the other one shots. Sorry, I just love this movie-)

«John's POV»
"Alright, you've had your milk and cookies, Philip. Now SLEEP." Alexander growled, crossing his arms as Philip nodded, immediately closing his eyes.

I honestly never thought we would be here.

"No, No, Sharkboy, you need to... Sing him a lullaby." I furrowed my eyebrows gently. "Y'know, help him relax."

"Relax? Planet Drool is dying and Mr. Electric and his plug hounds are on our tail! You want him to relax?" Alexander exclaimed, standing up. He was obviously pissed, and that didn't help our situation.

"Shh... Get comfortable, Pip..." I cooed softly, hovering my hand over Philip to avoid burning him. I hated my abilities with a burning passion- no pun intended. "D-Dream, Dream, Dream..." I sang, very off-key. After a few minutes, sighed and eventually just gave up.

Alexander snorted. "Little rusty, eh, Lavaboy?"He teased.

I shot him a glare that immediately silenced him. "Your turn." I muttered, looking away in embarrassment.

"Hm... Close your eyes... shut your mouth... dream a dream and get us out... dream, dream, dream, dream, dream dream-" Alexander huffed, crossing his arms as he continued, "Hit the hay, fast asleep! Dream a dream, you little—" My eyes widened. The word he was about to say was not going to help Philip.

"...bleep. Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream."

A shark themed hoverbike drove up to the us, almost hitting Alexander. He jumped out of the way at the last second, falling to the ground.

For a few moments, he stared at the bike, then at me.

"Sharkboy, keep going!" My face lit up. Philip was doing it. His dreams were coming to life. A little more practice and he'd be able to do anything his imagination could come up with.

A small smirk crept onto Alexander's face. He began to sing a bit more consistently and with more confidence. "Just relax! Lay about, or my fist will put you out! Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream. Take your time, but beware, there's darkness in the air! Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream-"

I put his hand up as a signal for Alexander to pause for a moment. "Dream about me next, Pip... I need to know who I am... Please...?" I whispered into the young boy's ear. "More than... Lava and destruction..."I needing to know. It was a burning question- no pun intended- that would never leave my head. Why was a make to destroy and burn everything I touched?

"Don't be scared, step right up! Need some water, here's a cup! Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream!" Alexander's tone progressively got more aggressive.

Philip began to whimper and whine in his sleep. Above us, dark clouds began to form and that's all I needed. "S-Stop! You're giving him nightmares!" I stood up and took deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Philip... Don't hate me." I heated up my hand and gently pressed a finger to his arm.

"OUCH! W-What- What did you do that for?!" Philip glared, rubbing his burn.

"...That dream was about me, wasn't it?" I whispered. I knew it was.

"Listen, LB-"

"Save it, Shark. I'm not meant to be anything good." I stared at the stream of milk, taping it gently. It sizzled and I looked back at the two. "Let's go." I grumbled.

Alexander climbed onto the hoverbike and attempted to start it up, having no luck. "You couldn't dream for batteries?!" He snapped at Philip, who closed his eyes. I wonder if he could-

"There! Hurry up!" Barking and yelling could be heard in the distance.

"A banana sundae? What the frick, dude!"

"Sorry! I was hungry..."

"It's fine, we can use it as a boat!" I exclaimed, beginning to push it into the river, giving time for Phillip and Alexander to climb up before I hopped up on the boat myself.

The beginning of the ride was fairly silent. Philip was eating the boat, I was trying not to melt stuff, and Alexander was in the corner trying to reevaluate his life.

What am I? What is a Lavaboy? Of course, a boy born from Lava, but I have to be more, right? Volcanoes... Create more land! Maybe I'm creation. Ha, yeah. Creation of disaster.

"LB, we need to find the prince. He can give us more time by freezing it." Alexander finally responded.v

I growled. "That Ice Prince is an abomination to society."

I saw Philip whisper something to Alexander, who I easily heard whisper back, "Hot and cold don't mix."

I closed my eyes. This was gonna be longer than I expected. And when we got there, what would we even say? Oh God, We can't do this. I can't do this.