Trees (Beautiful) «•Angst•»

(I made this for a contest on Hamino a while back. The song is Trees by Twenty One Pilots. I'm posting some old one shots here so that I can delete them from off my other book!)

I know
Where you stand

Everything was quiet. A normal Saturday evening.

Silent

Alexander leaned against the tall oak tree, alone. He watched the setting sun along the horizon as the immigrant muttered things softly to himself.

In the trees
And that's
Where I am

He would do this often.

Silent

Beautiful. It was all beautiful.

In the trees

He felt a shiver go down his spine. Rather than jump at the suddenly tingle, he chuckled softly and placed a loose strand of his curly, auburn hair out of his face.

"Beautiful, Isn't it, John?" He whispered.

"Alexander, there's a letter for you from South Carolina."

Why won't you speak?

The only response the man received was a small gust of wind, resulting in a leaf that had been turned bright orange to fall to the ground. The first few days of Autumn.

Where I happen to be
Silent

Alexander slowly picked up the leaf and held it in his hand, examining its color.

"It's very beautiful... Like you."

In the trees
Standing cowardly

There was once again no response.
John wasn't there. But was at the same time. It made him feel almost stupid.

I can feel your breath

"Alexander, you're the closest friend I got."

'I wish to be more than that.'

I can feel my death

"He aims his pistol at the sky- WAIT!"

I want to know you
I want to see

"I miss you so much... I only want to see your face one more time..." He whispered, tears building up in the corner of his eyes.

I want to say
Hello

A single tear fell to the ground.

Hello

Two more followed.

Hello
Hello

He closed his eyes for a moment.

I know
Where you stand

He could hear footsteps stop in front of him.

Silent
In the trees

The breeze gently blew.

And that's
Where I am
Silent
In the trees
Why won't you speak?

"Alexander? Please don't cry, my Love." A soothing tone whispered.

Where I happen to be
Silent

A pair of arms wrapped around him.

In the trees
Standing cowardly

He opened his eyes to find his comrade hugging him-A feeling he never thought he'd feel ever again.

I can feel your breath

"Laurens..."

I can feel my death

It was quiet for a moment, "Alexander..."

I want to know you

The vision slowly faded away to see Elizabeth, looking at him. She shook her head slowly.

I want to see

"It's getting cold... You should come back inside." She whispered, turning to leave.

I want to say

"I'll come in soon..."

Hello

"I know you can't hear me, John..."

Hello

"I miss you..."

Hello

"I want to see you again."

Hello, yeah
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh

He fell to the grass, tears flowing down.

Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Hello
Hello
Hello
Hello

He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. The immigrant looked up to see and angel standing in front of him.

John.

"It's best you wipe away your tears, Alexander. You know I hate it when you're sad." Laurens mumbled, running his thumb gently across the shorter man's cheek.

Alexander just looked up, slightly dazed, "I-I..."

John sighed, "I have to go.... I'll see you on the other side, My Love. Take your time."
~~~~~~~~

The next time Alexander had to blink, Laurens was gone. He stood up and wiped away his tears, slowly making his way inside. He was first welcomed by Philip.

"Pa! What took you so long?" He asked, hugging Alexander's leg.

"I don't know... I just got a bit... Lost. It's okay, John."