Chapter Twenty-six

When it comes to changing your life if you aren't scared, you're doing something wrong -Jen Sincero

***

"I should go," I said as I grabbed my keys. Ethan turned around and grabbed them out of my hand.

"Stay," he commanded.

Paige snorted and said, "Leave. Now."

"Um," I said, looking at the two of them.

"Juliette you are staying here. And you," Ethan said as he turned to Paige," don't tell her what to do."

"I wouldn't need to if she wasn't at my boyfriend's house," Paige said this in a duh tone.

She was right. Ethan was her boyfriend, not mine. I was the one who shouldn't be here. It crushed me inside but I had to accept the fact that this time I was the one who let go. I asked Ethan to be with Paige. I told him I wouldn't be with him. God, I thought, I'm stupid.

"Ethan," I said as I walked towards him, "please give me my keys."

"No."
I held my hand open. "Ethan give me my keys."

"No!"

"Ethan if you don't give-"

"If you don't give her the keys then we're over," Paige said, cutting me off. I stared at her completely blindsided.

"Ethan, just give me the keys," I whispered.

I couldn't be the reason Ethan and his girlfriend broke up. I didn't know what I'd do with myself if I was the reason. I wasn't gonna be that girl. One of the reasons that we stopped talking was because of another girl. She was jealous of our relationship so she told him it was either me or her,

"Leave," Ethan told me.

I responded, "Thank you."

"Not you," Ethan turned to Paige. "You."

"Seriously?" Paige asked.

"Seriously?" I asked. Ethan nodded. "No," I whispered.

"I left you for a girl once but I'm not gonna leave you twice."
I grabbed his arm. "I'm not gonna let you do this."

"You're not letting me do anything. This is my choice."

"Y-you're really going to choose her," Paige asked. Her voice was weak, like she was going to break at any given moment. I knew that feeling all too well.

"I don't give a crap if it's your choice! I'm not going to be the reason that you and her are over," I screamed.

Ethan stopped for a second. He looked me dead in the eyes before turning to Paige. I let the breath I had been holding leak from my mouth. He's not gonna leave her, I thought.

"I'm sorry," he told Paige causing me to lean on the counter so I wouldn't fall over. "Please leave."

Paige shot me a glare. "You'll regret this," was all she said before she left.

Ethan and I stood there in silence until we heard the door slam shut. I turned to Ethan with a look that could kill.

"What the hec-" I started but I was cut off by Ethan slamming his lips on mine. I wanted to back away. My mind told me to back away but Ethan was kissing me causing my mind to become really fuzzy.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and my hands found his hair. Ethan chuckled and I tried to back away. But when I stepped away Ethan's grip tightened. "I waited too long for this. You're not leaving," he told me. I laughed before placing my lips on his once again.