Chapter One - Graduation

"Gettin' born in the state of Mississippi

Poppa was a copper and her momma was a hippie

In Alabama she was swinging hammer

Price you gotta pay when you break the panorama"

I woke up to my alarm blaring Dani California by the Red

Hot Chili Peppers. It was 4:00 and today was my

graduation. I slowly got off my bed from taking a nap. I started walking to the bathroom, passing my guitar I couldn't resist playing it. I brought it back to my bed. I started strumming, I played many songs including Drive by Incubus.

"Amanda stop playing that guitar and get ready!" my mother yelled as I looked at the clock.

"crap!" The clock read 5:00.

Graduation started at 6:15. I ran to the bathroom and took a shower. I got out and put on a pair of blue jean shorts . I pulled on a Coldplay t-shirt. I went into the bathroom and put on a little bit of blush. I don't really care what I look if you can tell. I pulled my curly hair into a pony tail. I walked out of the bathroom. I had a very simple look that I would never change. I pulled my gown over my clothes. I grabbed my guitar and ran down stairs it was then 5:45. I had to be there at 6:00 to get lined up. "see you there hunny!" my mom told me as I ran out the door. I jumped in my light yellow Jeep. The high school wasn't but a couple of minutes away. I turned on the radio and How You Remind Me by Nickel Back started playing. I sang my lungs out considering I love this song. Did I mention I sing? I arrived at the back door of my school. 6:01, just in time. I grabbed my guitar and ran inside.

"where have you been?" my best friend Alyssa screamed at me.

"I woke up late and got distracted" I explained pointing to my guitar. I then hurried off.

Did I also mention I was playing the intro song. I ran up the stairs to the stage and set up my mic and guitar. I looked at the entrance of the stage for my principle to give me the thumbs up. I then started to play Whenever You Remember by Carrie Underwood.

"When you look back on the times we had

I hope you smile

And know that thought the good and thought the bad

I was on your side when nobody could hold us down

We claimed the brightest star

And we, we came so far

And no they won't forget

Whenever you remember times gone by

Remember how we held our heads so high

When all this world was there for us

And we believe that we could touch the sky

Whenever you remember, I'll be there

Remember how we reached that dream together

Whenever you remember"

I sung in a beautiful tone and finished out the song.

"Thank you miss Amanda, and now we will begin out ceremony" said our principle.

After many names were called they came to the P's. Our row went to stand beside the stage. " Amanda Preston" I walked up to the podium on the stage. I heard cheers as I took my certificate in one hand and shook my principle with the other. After all the names were called and we moved our tassels, I exited to meet with my parents.

"We're so proud of you!" my parents cheered while attacking me with hugs. "to celebrate we're taking you to the Hard Rock cafe!" My parents new I loved it there.

Unlike other people who had just graduated I didn't want to go partying. I was a partying person. So a simple dinner was just fine with me. I jumped in my Jeep and met my parents at the restaurant. After that I drove home at I changed into a t-shirt and gym shorts and plopped on my bed. Soon after watching an old episode of friends I fell asleep.

Author's Note: this is my first fan fiction/wattpad writing. its kinda short but i hope to extent my writing in the future! Vote, comment, and like! Please