Chapter Two - Bakery Bulletin Board

"I used to rule the world

Seas would rise when I gave the word

Now in the morning I sleep alone

Sweep the streets I used to own"

My alarm went off. My mom had left for work before I got up. I was starting work at 10:00. I walked downstairs to find a note. It read

Dear Amanda,

I left I left in the microwave. Don't forget your job at the bakery starts at 10:00. Have fun and be safe!

Love, mom

I walked over to the microwave to find pancakes that were still somewhat fresh. I sat down and started eating. Soon after I was done I walked up stairs and got dressed. I pulled on a Incubus t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I slid my toms on, grabbed my backpack and headed for my Jeep. I finally arrived at place called "Buttercup Bakery". I walked inside and grabbed my apron.

"Hi!" I said to Colin, the owner's son. We have begame very good friends

"Hey Amanda!" he responded back

I started to scoop batter into cupcake pans and into cake pans. I continued to do this and ice pastries for a couple of hours. Then Colin walked in with some flyers.

"Amanda would you put these up on the bulletin board?"he asked while I couldn't help but laugh.

"what's wrong?" he asked clueless.

"you have icing on your face!" I said bursting out in laughter.

He left the room and wiped his face off. I looked at the flyers. "Nashville Summer Music Festival June 20th-23th" I read down the flyer til I spotted the words "entry info". Thought for a second and decided I would enter the festival. I hung up the rest of the flyers and by that time it was time to close up.

________________________________________

I jumped in my Jeep and headed home. The song Wonderwall by Oasis came on. This being one of my favorite songs I couln't resist belting out the lyrics.

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding

And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things i would like to say to you

but i dont know how'

"because maybe

you're gonna be the one that saves me

and after all

you're my wonderwall"

by the time the song ended i was nearing my drive way. I walked in to see a box of pizza on the counter. I grabbed a slice and headed up to my bedroom. After eating I took a shower. I almost killed myself by slipping while dancing to "Drive By" by train. Always remember never dance in the shower. I decided to watch tv on my bed. Rocco's Modern Life was on, a cartoon I hadn't watched since I was little. I pulled the flyer from earlier out of my messenger bag. I scanned down to the part that said "Entry Info".

"Entry forms can be found at the Grand ole' Opry.

Just fill out the form and you will find a box for the form to be put in. We will contact you to confirm your performance"

After reading that I decided I would do a guitar solo. The festival was in one week. Plenty of time to practice.With that thought I went to bed.