Chapter Four - Break A Leg

*Amanda's P.O.V*

I woke up that morning hearing my phone ring. It read a random number which was clearly not in my contacts.

"hello?" I asked

"this is the Grand ole Opry office. We've called to tell you that you will be performing in the festival late on today"

"thank you so much!" I gushed.

"YES" I screamed from my room. My mom came up to see if I was ok and I explained.

"let's eat some breakfast" she said exiting my room with me.

*later on that day*

I pulled on a Three Days Grace t-shirt, a denim jacket, and some skinny jeans. I sat in my bed and ran through the song I was going to play. Once I was satisfied with its sound I put my toms on and headed out the door.

"Bye Amanda! Good luck!" my mom said while waving good bye to me.

I was playing around 6:00. I just walked around. There were booths. Mostly new country singer or alternative rock artist. I bought a few different albums and got them signed. Whether I was a big fan of there's or not. Music is music. I continued to walk around until I noticed it was 15 minutes prior to my performance.

*Josh's P.O.V*

It was currently 3:00. I was just sitting there watching music covers on YouTube until I was interrupted.

"Josh we're gonna get ready and leave in about 30!" Zayn said while poking his head threw my curtained off section.

"ok, why so early? Performances don't start til 5:30" I questioned him

"the boys want to walk around and get a good seat" Zayn stated

Zayn shut the door and I started getting ready. I took a shower and got dressed. I put on my Game On shirt. It looked tight on me because ever since I started drumming I gained big muscles. I slid into some jeans and slipped my feet into some New Balance tennis shoes. By that time it was 3:30. We all met up in the lobby. We walked out of the hotel and grabbed a cab. Well, more like we took 2 cabs. It's hard to fit 6 boys into 1 cab. We arrived at the Grand Ole Opry. It was crowded but not too bad. As soon as we stepped out Liam took charge for a minute.

"Listen, especially Louis and Niall" Liam said pointing at the 2.

"We do not need to draw attention to ourself, understand" Daddy directioner said.

We all nodded our heads and walked in. There were many booth with beginner artist signing CDs and merchandise. After walking around for an hour or so we walked into the arena part and got seated. We sat in the second row from the stage. The host and first preformed was known as Scotty Mccreery.The crowd cheered as he entered the stage. Apparently he was on American Idol and is from Tennessee. He sang a song called "Love You This Big". After that there was a band called "The Fiddle Heads". They consisted of three guys. One with a fiddle, one with a guitar and one with a banjo. After they played a solo act was coming up next.

"Welcome hometown girl, Amanda Preston!" said Scotty while winking at the girl.

"Hi, my names Amanda, I'm 19 and tonight I'm gonna sing Drive by Incubus"

She carried a guitar with her. She was dressed in a Three Days Grace t-shirt along with jeans and toms. Her hair was wavy and she had blue eyes. She was beautiful. The crowd cheered. Apparently she was known in the town. With that thought she started singing.

"Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear

And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear

take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before, it seems to have a vague

Haunting mass appeal

Lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there

With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there"

She sang this song so beautifully. She also played guitar while singing. She was great. She was amazing.

*Amanda's P.O.V*

I walked onto the stage. I saw Scotty introducing me. We used to be real good friends and then he went on American Idol and became famous so I haven't seen him in a long time. I stood there in front of the mic and waited for the crowd to die down. I then started strumming my guitar and singing the lyrics to Drive by Incubus. I love the feeling I have when I'm on stage singing. I finished and walked off stage while the crowd was clapping wildly. After watching the rest of the performances at the side stage. After all the performances were done I approached Scotty and was pulled into a gentle hug.

"I missed you Amanda!" he said while releasing from the hug.

"I missed you too" I said smiling

"I didn't know you could do all this" he stated astonished

"yeah I had a lot of free time when you got big"

"well we need to catch up, here put your number in my phone I got a new one a couple years back" he said handing me his phone.

With that we exchanged goodbye hugs and he left. I turned around and started walking back to my Jeep. I was stopped by a unfamiliar face.

"Hey, your Amanda Preston right?" the stranger asked.

"Yes, and who may you be?" I questioned back

"I'm Josh Devine, I drum for this band One Direction, anyway, you were amazing out there!"

"thanks" I said sheepishly

" you seem really cool and were looking for a guitarist in our band, would you want to hang out sometime?" Josh said while grinning. He was pretty cute. Wait what am I saying.

" sure! I'd love to hang!" I said trying to not sound too excited.

" here's my number, text me where you wanna chat or hang" I said handing him my phone number

"how about tomorrow?"

"sounds great!" I said.

And with that Josh left with a big smile and same with me. I got home late and headed straight to bed