Chapter Nine - Rhythm of Rain

Amanda's P.O.V

I woke up to a loud clap of thunder. I looked at the clock. 2:00am. This is about the 4th time I've woke up scared. I figured the storms would lighten but they just got worst. I got up and ran thought the hotel halls to Niall and Josh's room. I was closed to the two. I was going to jump in bed beside Niall but I found him not there. Late night snack as usual. So I went and jumped in Josh's bed.

"Amanda what are you doing here?" he asked

"Im scarred of the storm" I said

"it's ok come here" he said as I snuggled up to him.

That was the best I ever slept during a storm. His body was warm and comfortable. This actually wasn't awkward.

Josh's P.O.V

I heard some open our room door. I figured it was Niall since he's always eating. It was storming outside. I heard a loud clap of thunder then someone jumped into bed next to me. It was Amanda.

"Amanda what are you doing here?" I asked

"Im scared of the storm" She said

"it's ok come here" I said while she snuggled into my chest.

She was cold. So I wrapped my arms around her. I hope this moment never ends. Even thou it will.

I woke up the next morning still lying with Amanda. Niall ran through the door with a carrot. I motioned for him to be quite and he grinned. Louis came running through the door shortly after wanting his carrot. Niall gave it back so he would be quite. Niall motioned to us sleeping and of course Louis woke us up by getting the other.

Amanda's P.O.V

I was woke up with all the guys surrounding us saying awws. I was curled up to Josh until I sat up and pulled away kinda. He was only wearing boxer. No big deal. I forgot I was only wearing a t-shirt and panties. Crap! Oh well.

"She got scared and ran in here" Josh explained to everyone

"I tried to find Niall but he wasn't there, and then it thundered and I jumped into Josh's bed" I explained

The rest laughed and exited the room except Niall who was in the kitchen.

"Thanks for keeping me safe last night. I'm gonna go get ready and go to the studio early. Would you like to join me?" I asked Josh

"Sure sounds great meet you in the lobby in 30"

I ran out of their room stretching my shirt below my waist to hide my panties. I heard Josh laughing as I left because of how ridiculous I looked. I ran back to my room. I took a quick shower and let my hair dry curly. I wore my Green Day shirt and some white jean shorts. Don't forget the toms. I headed down to the lobby. I saw Josh, my guitar was already at the studio.

"Should we head out?" he said opening the door for me

"We shall!" I said skipping out the door

We skipped arm in arm to the studio. Josh played the drums base beat while I ran through the songs. I even got a little cared away started free styling. After a while Josh went to get some water. I walked over to the drum set by that time Josh had came back.

"Since you taught me guitar I'll teach you drums" Josh said setting down in the stool. He patted for me to sit in his lap so I did. He guided me on how to hold the the sticks and how to work the pedals.

After a few scores I played the base to What Makes You Beautiful. Little did he know I was awesome at drums, but I just went along some could repay the favor. Once he got up to get a sip of water I unleashed my beast. I started playing the drum part to In My Place by Coldplay. I added in my own freestyle as I listened to the song on my phone. Josh walked back across the stage with his jaw dropped. I had a tendency to do that to people.

"You little devils! You could play all along!" he said pretending to be mad

"A little practice never hurt" I grinned at him

Since Josh knew Drive on guitar and I can play the beat to it, I played the drums. We sounded great, his guitar, my singing and drumming. I always have fun with him. We sat and talked for hours about something and nothing. Whatever we talk about makes us both smile. It's was only 1:00. I was hungry and we had ran through all the songs.

"What would you say if we went bowling and grabbed a burger?" Josh asked taking of his ear equipment

"Sure thing!" I said happily and jumped off the amplifier

We walked out of the studio and called a cab. We were dropped off at a Inn-and-Out Burger. We enjoyed a few burgers(I can eat anything anytime). After we walked down the street to find a local bowling alley. Boy was Josh about to get his butt beat, but I didn't let him know that. We got set up in a lane. Josh grabbed my shoes for me.

"I have to say I'm pretty bad..." I said making a puppy dog face while winking

"Ok. I'll go easy on you" Josh said winking back at me

I let Josh go first, he insisted not but I said just go ahead. He got a spare. He turned around while I was walking up to go. I picked my ball up and swung it back. I slid my right foot behind my left while I let the ball glide. Strike. I turned around grinning cockily at Josh. The came continued this way with a little switch ups here and there. The final score was my high 169 and his a 97. It's was 3:30 so we headed back to the studio.

"You're a sneaky little fox" Josh said tapping my nose

"Well that explains why I was raised by foxes" I said both of us burt into laughter

We walked back to the studio. Josh had his arm draped around me but I didn't mind. Shortly after we got there the guys came walking in.

"AMANDA!" Louis said running and attacking. It was suppose to be a hug

"Louis!" I said back since he was on top of me

"you can give off now" I said shoving him off

"Hi guys!" I said to the rest

"Hey Amanda" the said

"Let's get this started" our manager said

Well all ran to positions and ran through the songs. After that it's was one hour til show time so the boys and I went and got ready. I was siting on the couch.

"Amanda lets get you to Karen" Niall said pulling me off the couch

"Who's Karen" then he pulled me to a lady

"This is our stylish. We have show in 30 she will get you ready" Niall said

"But I'm already ready" I said but Niall had just shut the door. O well

Karen got a white jean jacket to go over my army green Green Day shirt. She said the pants and shoes were fine. She bulled half of my hair into and bun and the rest fell in the front. She curled it just a little considering it was all ready ringlet material. She added a little blush after I mentioned not a lot of make-up. After that I ran on stage Josh commented on my outfit. I heard the crowd roaring and then I started playing to Na Na Na. We played threw all the songs and the boys answered some twitter questions.

"Thank you Atlanta goodnight!" Harry screamed as the boys ran off the stage.