Chapter Five

When Evie woke up, Ben was gone. He probably off doing kingly duties. She got up and got dressed. Today she decided to wear a simple royal blue dress that came down below her knee. She wore her signature pearls, red lipstick, and blue lacey pumps.

She went to her office where she was met by her party planner and best friend, Dizzy. Right after Evie moved to Auradon she begged Ben to allow Dizzy to come and attend Auradon Prep. Since she graduated, Dizzy has become the number one designer and party planner.

"Good morning Evie!"

"Good morning Dizzy!" Evie said giving her giant squeeze.

"Today we have an interview with a chef for the Winter Ball and a session with some of the local orchestra to pick some of the music."

"Hmm another busy day"

"Yes. You have some mail on your desk. I'll be back in five minutes."

Evie nodded and walked over to her desk. She looked down at the mail, rolling her eyes. Most of the mail included letters from different princesses around Auradon. However, the final piece of mail was a small brown envelope. Evie, feeling curious, opened the letter with caution. Inside was an old piece of brown paper with small cursive writing. Evie could recognize the writing anywhere. It belonged to the one and only: The Evil Queen.

The letter said that she was sick and the doctor's told her to expect the worse. With tears in her eyes, she read and re-read the letter over and over again. She sprung up from her chair and rushed to her husband's wing.

Evie barged through the door and Ben looked up startled. He let out a deep sigh of relief at the sight of her but looked confused.

"I need to go back to the Isle. My mother is dying."

"What? Evie tell me what's going on."

"I received this letter from mom saying that she's fallen ill and needs to see me before she dies. Ben, I need to go!"

"Okay. Okay. Calm down. Pack your stuff and I'll order the limo to come and pick you up. Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, it's okay. I'll go by myself. It's probably best that way."

"Of course. Evie everything is going to be okay."

Evie looked at her husband and smiled slightly with tears in her eyes. Ben walked towards and wrapped her in a warm embrace.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone. I'm staying until she passes."

"Okay well, I'll give you a small button for you to press whenever you're ready to come home ."

"Well, I better start packing."

"Okay. I love you and if you need anything press the button."

____________________

Evie finished packing up her belongings. She didn't know how long she'd be gone so she packed a lot of her old Isle clothes into a backpack. She dressed in a leather mini skirt, red t-shirt with blue skulls, black ankle boots, a leather jacket with studs on it, hair in a loose bun, and her pearl tucked below her shirt.

When she said goodbye to her son, she felt tears come to her eyes. Harry hugged her tightly and told her to say hi to all her old friends for him. She kissed him on the head before climbing into the limo. She waved to her son through the window and let a tear fall from her eyes.

"You ready your majesty?"

Evie let out a sigh and nodded yes. After three years and nine months, Evie was finally returning to the Isle of the Lost.