Chapter Six

As Evie crossed over the invisible bridge from Auradon to the Isle of the Lost, she felt overcome with a sense of fear and dread. She was nervous to see her mother again because the last time she did, she was forcing her to leave. She was nervous to face all of her old friends and neighbors in fear that they would all hate her for moving to Auradon. But most of all, she feared the thought of seeing Harry again. She wasn't sure how he took her leaving and she was not ready to find out. She dreamed of seeing him again, but not like this.

Evie got out of the limo in front of her old castle, she felt her stomach go into knots. This was the place that caused her so much unhappiness for so many years. She never felt excepted or loved growing up and as much as she wanted to deny it, she was still scarred.

She looked up the tower at her old bedroom, Evie began smiling to herself. That was her secret haven. So many important memories of Evie's life happened there. When she got a first walk-in closet, first princess trundle bed, and her first magic mirror. It was also the place where Evie lost her virginity.

She smiled to herself, before grabbing some of her bags and bringing them inside. She said goodbye to her driver, and he handed her the button, walking her through all the directions again.

She breathed deep remembering the smell as if she never left. She looked down at her bags deciding whether or not to put her stuff away or visit her mother first. But, she decided to visit her mother first.

She set the button on top of her suitcase and took off her coat. She tried to make herself presentable, out of habit, and headed towards her mother's lair. Before walking in, Evie took deep breath trying to calm her nerves. After a few moments, she opened the door and walked in.

"Mother?"

As Evie walked over to her mother's desk, she heard something behind her. She turned around to find a pirate standing there.

"Hello."

She let out a gasp before another person behind her took that opportunity to tie a rope around her mouth. Evie tried to scream, but the gag made it impossible. When Evie tried to fight back, the pirate knocked her over the head, and everything went black.

___________

When Evie woke up, she had a killer headache. It felt like someone was stabbing her over and over in the head. When she remembered what happened, she jolted up, making the headache even worse. She got up and felt the need to throw up.

She was in some jail cell, and she couldn't tell if it was a boat rocking or just her mind playing tricks on her.She looked out the window and saw the water flowing back and forth on the edge of a ship.

"Captain Hook must be up to this," Evie mumbled to herself.

"Take me to Captain Hook now! I demand to see him! I am no prisoner!" Evie kept screaming that over and over, until a recognizable face was in front of her, Smee.

"Oh, Smee thank god. Take me to Captain Hook; this is a huge mistake."

"Captain wants to see you, too."

Smee unlocked the metal bars and tied Evie's hands behind her back. As he walked her up the deck, she heard many pirates making whistling noises and fanning themselves at the sight of her. Evie just rolled her eyes.

When they arrived at the Captain's quarters, Smee warned her not make him too made. And she nodded her head in agreement. He also untied her hands and made him promise she won't try and escape.

Evie opened the double doors furiously before storming in. She could hear Smee mumble 'oh my goodness' to himself, but she didn't care. She could see the coward captain from behind standing by a map. He had his iconic red coat and hat, but nothing stood out more than the silver hook.

"What the hell are you doing, Hook? Having me kidnapped? I am a queen. A queen did you hear me! I am goddamn royalty, and now I have a concussion from your goon pirates hitting me over the head!"

She waited for a response. He said nothing and that infuriated her even more.

"First you kidnap me, then you lock me in a cell, now you won't even turn around and look at me."

When the captain turned around to face his prisoner, Evie gasped. It wasn't the notorious Captain James Hook, but his son.

"Harry?"